Thread: Blank Page Issue Is Intolerable - Let's Talk

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen Bookout
    I just ASTOUNDS me when I look at the post and see how many members there are that use this forum weekly or daily that do not contribute as compared to those that do contribute. I would be embarased, considering the amount of correct information that I obtain here, not to contribute.

If any of these people ever go to any other forums and see the amout of "You Suck" type of responses I do not think that it would be long before they would come back here and be willing to help with the support.

Therefore, I support a trial period for a new member at no cost and after that period is up a small semiannual fee. What do we have to lose? After all, a small percentage of us bear the burden of the cost anyway and we would stay and continue support while waiting for new members that would have the same commitment.

I know that this has been discused before by the powers that be and you have decided against it so I know that I do not have the full story. It is just that I get tired of going though post and seeing twenty or thirty members and one contributor.

I am a small contributor but I do it. During the last big drive I saw some contributors that put in large sums and it is not fair to them or even to me. I will continue to donate from time to time as this forum is much better than anything else on the web and deserves support.

I guess that there are just too many people that want something for nothing.

Allen

PS Just sent some more via paypal.
    Allen, I understand how you feel and can understand where your concerns are coming from. I have been using the Creek now for about five or six months.(the Turning Forum) I very seldom go anywhere else.

I too have benefited greatly from being here and will participate willingly; however, this is the first time I have heard a single word about the need. Please don't be so quick to be too hard on the nubies, if they are like me, then they probably didn't know either.

There will always be those who take advantage and there will always be those with needs. One shouldn't dampen the blessing of helping the other, who can't do more. The people I'm meeting here certainly do not demonstrate that they are takers but rather givers.

Do you think there might be a possibility that communication may be at fault? Well, at least to some small degree anyway.

I'm not comfortable with PayPal so if someone would tell me where to find an address I will get the funds on the way. Thanks for being patient with a new guy.
    Last edited by Christopher K. Hartley; 06-23-2006 at 3:20 PM.
    Success is the sum of Failure and Learning