Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Blank Page Issue Is Intolerable - Let's Talk

Checks in the Mail !!!! (REALLY!!!)

Keith,
    I'm not a PayPal user so I just printed off the address and will put
    a check in the mail tomorrow a.m..
    I'm more than glad/willing to support this forum , i've gained a lot of insight and just plain enjoy all the posts.
    Let's keep this going.
    -Jeff

If you need hardware/software visit my website and let me know what you need. www.foxtec.com

Ben
    Still trying not to Take Life so Seriously !!

Kicked in a bit more via Paypal. It's a shame more of the 8000 members here and the many guests don't contribute.
    Cody

Logmaster LM-1 sawmill, 30 hp Kioti tractor w/ FEL, Stihl 290 chainsaw, 300 bf cap. Solar Kiln

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Klaaren
    Is it possible to set up an automatic monthly donation via PayPal or a credit card?
    I don't know about that, but most banks will do an automatic "payment" from your checking account each month.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

For me, it would be very nice, and make it easier to contribute if we had an alternate method.

I will not use Paypal and I'm not even to sure where my check book is....let alone stamps and envelopes! Heck, the only reason I know where my bank is located is because it is located next to the Subway sandwich shop!

That said...I will look for a check and figure out the envelope/stamp thing.

Doug

I just ASTOUNDS me when I look at the post and see how many members there are that use this forum weekly or daily that do not contribute as compared to those that do contribute. I would be embarased, considering the amount of correct information that I obtain here, not to contribute.

If any of these people ever go to any other forums and see the amout of "You Suck" type of responses I do not think that it would be long before they would come back here and be willing to help with the support.

Therefore, I support a trial period for a new member at no cost and after that period is up a small semiannual fee. What do we have to lose? After all, a small percentage of us bear the burden of the cost anyway and we would stay and continue support while waiting for new members that would have the same commitment.

I know that this has been discused before by the powers that be and you have decided against it so I know that I do not have the full story. It is just that I get tired of going though post and seeing twenty or thirty members and one contributor.

I am a small contributor but I do it. During the last big drive I saw some contributors that put in large sums and it is not fair to them or even to me. I will continue to donate from time to time as this forum is much better than anything else on the web and deserves support.

I guess that there are just too many people that want something for nothing.

Allen

PS Just sent some more via paypal.
    Last edited by Allen Bookout; 06-23-2006 at 11:40 AM.

7. I'm in for some more as well.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers!

<<"bandwidth provider (Cox Cable)">>

Enuf said, re: problems.

Keep up the good work. Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans
    i`ll chip in again if necessarry, but if advertising is accepted i`m outta here! somebody pipe up if ya`ll want a dollar a month instead of .50, or even 2 bucks.....but please keep the adds out..02 tod
    What is objection? Commercial dollars is what makes the world go 'round.

contribution on the way

I for one don't mind seeing reminder messages when you need to increase the funding. We all need to be reminded every once in a while that the good things in life are not free.

Perhaps a short monthly report to keep us all in the know about what goes on behind the scenes??

Keith, Jackie, and Aaron,

There will be a check in the mail. I have gained a thousand times what I have paid in already in knowledge and answers on this forum. I have been to other forums and have quit them all. As Allen Bookout said they are not worth it. I am here and here to stay as long as Creek is here.

I agree with Todd about the ad's. I hate belonging to a e-mail site that when you go to read your e-mail as you go from message to message you have to go thru a ad first.

Thanks to Keith, Jackie and Aaron for all you do. I do appreciate it. Hope you get the fiber sooner than later.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco
    What is objection? Commercial dollars is what makes the world go 'round.
    frank, i`ll continue to support the site as long as advertisers are forbidden, i won`t have my opinions edited by vendors or manufacturers, and quite a few of the vendor/manufacturers i don`t care for would be first in line with their checkbooks. there are plenty of other forums online who accept sponsors, i choose to refrain from chipping in my .02 on each-n-every one of them. i come to this forum as an old woodbutcher who`s been around the block a time or two, taken my licks, and choose to share some of my life experience with those who ask.
    again, i can only speak for myself if the majority decide they`d rather save 15-20 bucks a year and have advertisers then go right ahead i`ll crawl back under the bridge and mind my own business.....02 tod
    Last edited by tod evans; 06-23-2006 at 12:06 PM.
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

Just sent a payment. Thanks for the service!
    Hal

I'm with Todd on this one, sponsership would mean censorship(is that a word?). I'll send some $$ this weekend when I return to California. I wanted to contribute last time but was unable too. Now with the California house sold I am in better shape. After all if I can contriute to getting Ken sucked into the vortex, I can certanly contribute to keep the log jams out of the creek.

Fundage sent via PayPal. Hope it helps!
    Sam/Atlanta