Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Blank Page Issue Is Intolerable - Let's Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bickley
    The Non-contributer may have problems that you haven't thought about.
    I've had heart attacks, heart problems, by-pass surgery and haven't worked since Feb. 2005, and have zero income, duh.

No problem Von, we know you would if you could. I got you covered. Donation sent in your name, buddy. You get better.
    Last edited by Mark Rios; 06-28-2006 at 9:31 PM.
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rios
    No problem Von, we know you would if you could. I got you covered. Donation sent in your name, buddy. You get better.
    Very good of you Mark

You see there: It's precisely act like this which, not only bring hope to this society but, most definitely reinforce the solidarity of this place we know as the Creek! Bravo, Mark!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

4. count meN2

Hey, never posted here before, but have learned a whole lot since I started lurking here about 3 months ago. I'm new to wood working and you guys are saving me a lot of time and money -- helping me get the most of this new hobby/addiction. I'm more than glad to help out, check will go out today, keep up the good work.

welcome stephen!
    nice gesture mark!
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

6. Welcome Stephen, and thanks for kicking in.

Mark you are a real Gent!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen McClaren
    Hey, never posted here before, but have learned a whole lot since I started lurking here about 3 months ago. I'm new to wood working and you guys are saving me a lot of time and money -- helping me get the most of this new hobby/addiction. I'm more than glad to help out, check will go out today, keep up the good work.
    Stephen, welcome to SMC. Been here for 3 months and your first post is with a donation!!! Man, it just don't get any better than that! Well, maybe if you had some pics to share, it might be better! Thanks and we hope your stay here at the Creek is a pleasant one!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

You are an inspiration Mark...You're a good man.

I've had my fair share of lifes ups and downs...but right now I sit here blessed with good health...a good job...a wonderful wife...a great life. So in honor of your inspiration Mark...when I get home I'm sending an additional contribution of $36.00 for 6 members who may be experiencing bad times.
    Last edited by Glenn Clabo; 06-29-2006 at 9:15 AM.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Clabo
    You are an inspiration Mark...You're a good man.

I've had my fair share of lifes ups and downs...but right now I sit here blessed with good health...a good job...a wonderful wife...a great life. So in honor of your inspiration Mark...when I get home I'm sending an additional contribution of $36.00 for 6 members who may be experiencing bad times.
    Very generous Glenn!!!!!!!!!!

I'd also like to make a donation in the name of another member. Mike Williams in Dublin sent me some stuff that saved me a ton of time. I won't go into the details so he doesn't get bombarded with requests but suffice it to say that I became the beneficiary of his hard work. He won't accept payment or gifts so I'd like to show my gratitude with a $20 donation to the Creek in his name. Thanks Mike.

Looks like maybe I started a trend.

Wtg guys.
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

Looks like maybe I started a trend.
    I’ve had my share of easy times and hard, and I’ll soon contribute in this same spirit.
    Thanks Mark, this is what The Creek is all about.

Frank

"Subscribed" today

Hope paypal works. This site is worth more than my magazine subscriptions, plus, the company is pretty good, too.
    "God does not deduct from a man's lifespan the time spent fishing."

Keith, you say that 25% membership is a good goal and, with this objective in mind, suggest a donation of $6.

My guess is that at least half our 8,000 members are inactive. With this in mind, I would suggest at least $12 and then would round that up to $15.

Just what percentage of our membership has contributed something in 2006?

If you were to periodicly publish the total number of people who have contributed in 2006 and the total contributions, I think that it would encourage folks to donate.

Frank, I think the six dollar suggestion is a good one--the equivalent of one venti latte and donut at StarBucks. There are many folks who give a lot more and some who would contribute if they could. I don't think the "suggested donation" should be more than ten dollars at any rate...
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 07-02-2006 at 10:19 AM.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...