Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bolt on Outfeed table for TS3650

Bolt on Outfeed table for TS3650

Anyone heard of a bolt on 3rd party outfeed table for a Ridgid TS3650 contractors saw. I am tired of setting up the little roller stand I have.

Ben
    Still trying not to Take Life so Seriously !!

ben, it called a sheet of melemine and a couple of hours..02 tod
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

Good one

Good Suggestion tod but I need to be able to put it away at night. Not enough space for a permenent table.
    Still trying not to Take Life so Seriously !!

I have a folding outfeed table simular to this on my T3650

11.jpg

shopdone_035.jpg
    Last edited by John Branam; 06-28-2006 at 5:07 PM.

I'm with tod on this. I always use a full sheet of melemine. I take extra time to make sure it is built the same height as the saw and on the same plane and level with the saw table. It's not quite a European slider, but it works very well.
    Plus if you use it for construction, glue does not stick to it. You should also rout two channels for miter gauge slots.

Richard

Follow this link

For a couple of pics. I also belong to the Ridgid forum - I have the same saw as you, so I went over there and here are 3 pics. It is a little hard to see exactly how he bolted it on, but as you can see he extended it back before the fold to account for the motor.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ip_jim...fb.jpg&.src=ph

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Rockler has a genaric clip on for contractor saws
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

I dont know how to do pics, but here I will try

Whoops I am sure that is against the rules or something. This pic is way bigger than I have seen on here
    Last edited by Chuck Trisdale; 06-28-2006 at 5:15 PM.

I use one that Rockler puts out, on my Unisaw...and I think it works great. Take a look at it in their catalog..or online. For the money I am very happy with it, I have to store my saw up against the wall, so the outfeed just pops off.
    Michael and Sally Pfau
    Grant Creek Woodworks
    Missoula Montana
    www.grantcreekwoodworks.com

Chuck,

If you post the pic as an attachment, it will be small until you click on it. "Manage Attachments" is located below the post/reply window.

Very nice table and interesting "jig". Please post some more pics of your saw and what you've done to enhance it!

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Trisdale
    Whoops I am sure that is against the rules or something. This pic is way bigger than I have seen on here
    Nice pic Chuck! Looks like a little Photoshop bevel and emboss with a drop shadow (135 deg?) What camera did you use? The shallow DOF and nicely blurred background point to a higher end lens.

Brian
    The significant problems we encounter cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.

The penalty for inaccuracy is more work

Ben, give a look at the Incra Outfeed Table that Woodpeckers is selling. It is specifically for an Incra fence system, but will bet that with only minor changes it would work on any saw.
    Best Regards, Ken

Ken, you know what burns me? (Off topic of course)

"Yes/Si No/No"
    Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.

Didnt mean to imply this was my saw

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Koch
    Chuck,

If you post the pic as an attachment, it will be small until you click on it. "Manage Attachments" is located below the post/reply window.

Very nice table and interesting "jig". Please post some more pics of your saw and what you've done to enhance it!

Thanks
    Thanks for the advice on the attachments. This was just an example of what someone had done with their saw. I want to do this with mine. I dont know if you are familiar with this particular saw or not, but it has a big gap on the right hand of the saw. It is bridged by a rod that keeps the rails for the fence the right distance apart.

Well, it is sure the perfect spot for a built in router table on this saw (and I am sure many others). So I have put in a melamine router table with supports back to the main body. It has come in handy and I can use the main fence on the table with just a couple of additions. Hey it eliminated the router table out of an already cluttered shop.

The outfeed table is the next logical step for this saw though. It will come soon. Right after the liquor cabinet I am building.

Try this one:
    http://▓▓▓▓.▓▓▓▓▓.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7542

Moderator disabled a direct link to another public forum -- TOS violation.
    If interested do a google search

7/14/06 My bad, so sorry. I'll be sure to reciprocate and not mention SMC on any other sites (dare I name them and risk the wrath of the Gods? ) as I have no doubt that you wouldn't any of the Riffraff showing up here. Forget I tried to help please.

Best 73 to those that know what that means. To those who don't, no worries mate, it's not an insult.

SK
    Last edited by Bob D.; 07-14-2006 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Didn't realize mentioning "that other forum" was taboo.