Thread: Amazon - Delta 22-580 13" Planer

Amazon - Delta 22-580 13" Planer

At the beginning of the year I was in the market for my first planer. Cost limited me to the 13" lunch-box planers. I looked closely at the Delta 22-580 and the Ridgid. I ended up buying the Ridgid because it was $40 less, came with a stand, extra knives, and a dust chute. I paid $349. The Delta was running around $390, If I recall correctly. It did not come with a stand or dust chute.

I liked the Delta more and it seemed to get great reviews, in general. But I have been quite happy with the Ridgid.

Anyway, for those of you who might be contemplating a lunch-box style, the Delta is on sale at Amazon for $331 plus 20% discount (JUNETOOL) and an additional 10% (SAVTENPTJUNE). I believe this will end today, but don't quote me on that. But that brings the total to $231 plus $49 shipping. Not a bad price.

Matt

Hi Matt - The 22-580 isn't one of the tools that qualifies for the 20% discount, but it did automatically get the 10% discount in addition to the sale price. With s/h: Order Total: $347.45...still not bad.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Cripes...wouldn't you know it!

Scott, thanks for the correction. My apologies to those misled. I have had great response from Amazon Customer Service. It might be worth a quick phone call to see if they would honor the 20%.

Agreed though, $347 is still pretty good for this planer. At that price, I'd still go with Ridgid as it offers more bang for the buck.

Hmph.

Matt