Thread: Tractor Tire

Tractor Tire

I know, I know this is way off topic!!! Hey with a bad tire on my tractor I can't put up my shop!!!!

I have an old 1947N Ford tractor that needs a 11.2-28 farm tire.

I have been quoted $325.00 plus changing it out.

That seems a little high. About what is the going rate in your area?
    That is just for the tire

KEN
    RUSTYNAIL

The folks in the forums at TractorByNet.com could probably help you rite quick with that question...that's where I go to get answers...and sometimes give some on the subject of tractors!

Hi Ken

Jim gives you a good start, but he has a fancy schmancy new tractor. If you need some old tractor advice from other people with tractors of like vintage, you can also try out Yesterday's Tractors . There you will find numerous fora devoted to all sorts of tractors. There is one for the various N incarnations. I have a British built 1963 Fordson Super Dexta, and Yesterday's Tractors has been a good source for me.

Bill

A tire for my

1955 860 Ford is around $225.00, with free mounting if you get it to their place. Steve

Thanks you guys for the comeback!!!!

After giving the tire dealer the size, the quote was down about $100.00 lower. Tire was $190.00, tube $32.00, taxes $16.00 and "free" dismounting and mounting, but I have to take it to the dealer---no problem. So it will set me back $238.00.

My Son said it looked like it was the original tire on the 1947 tractor. I just wonder if that is posable??? HI HI HI It was all cracked up and has lost some of its tread.

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE COMEBACK!!!

KEN

NOW LETS SEE-------WHAT TOOL I HAVE TO KNOCK OFF OF THE LIST I CAN'T BUY NOW.
    RUSTYNAIL