Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turner Interview: Jim King

Awesome interview Jim. Great to learn more about your life and business in Peru. I always look forward to your posts! I find it amazing what you make with your home made lathe and tools!

corey

Great interview Jim! Nice to know more about you! Nice to know how folks live in other parts of the world too!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Wonderful interview, Jim. Boy am I envious of you...............all that wood and so little time!

I can't really complain. I currently have more wood than I can probably turn, if I live to be 100 and in good health (Which I Ain't)

Your work shows that talent is more necessary than expensive tools! As the kids say:You Rock! (I think they still say that.)

Bruce
    "The great thing about Wood Turning is that all you have to do is remove what's not needed to have something beautiful. Nature does tha Hard work."

M.H. Woodturning, Etc.
    Peoria, Illinois 61554

Great interview, Jim. You are definitely the "Keeper of the Candy Store" when it comes to exotic woods. It must take a strong affinity for adventure to do your work, but the rewards are phenomenal. Kudos to your wife, too, for her animal rescue work.

- Vaughn

Nice to meet you Jim. It would be a fun trip to make down there.

Ernie

Ernie,
    When ever you get time "Come on Down", we will look after you and severely dent your credit card wih excess baggage!!!!
    Wally.

Nice Interview

Hi Jim, very nice interview. Nice to get to know you a little better. I've been watching your work on other forums and am very impressed with you and your crew and equipment. The wood speaks for itself. You all do amazing work with wonderfully basic tools. I really enjoy your "if you need it, make it out of what you have" attitude.

Keep up the beautiful work, and keep showing us that gorgeous wood.

Happy and Safe Turning,
    Happy and Safe Turning, Don

Woodturners make the world go ROUND!

Jim, I am sorry I did not get to know you when you were in Nashville, GA, but this interview helps. I always look forward to seeing pictures of your work of that beautiful wood you find down there. Nice to get to knowyou better.
    Glenn Hodges
    Nashville, Georgia

"Would you believe the only time I ever make mistakes is when someone is watching?"

Interview

I just noticed last night that the interview was posted. I am traveling right now and havent been near a computor so sorry for the delay in responding. Just came from Wisconsin and now in Mpls and leaving today for Guyana to talk about setting up a company to look for new species that we do not have in Peru. Thankyou to everyone for all the nice comments and again all of you would certainly enjoy a visit to the Amazon. The doors are open to all.

Nice to get to know you a little better Jim. You really seem like someone that is living their dream. I've seen your beautiful work posted on various woodturning sites and always admired it.

Jim, it's certainly been a great pleasure to get to know more about you BUT, at the same time, I'm just a little PO'd!!! You have roots in Wisconsin and have just made a visit and I knew nothing of it until now!!! Man, that's just not right!!! I would've considered it an honor to meet you in person, even if I would've had to "go the distance" and drive to where you were!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least tell me you're a Packer fan!!!! Having missed the opportunity to meet you on "home territory", it's still great to have a bit more insight to the McGyver of turning tools! Your work is magnificent and inspiring and causes one to dream of having such a wonderful source of beautiful woods! Thanks!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Next trip

John: Next trip I will give you a call , what would you think if Menards carried the turning blanks and lumber ? I would love to get some feedback from you guys in the Midwest. The plane goes both ways you know. Get a group together and come on down. I am in Georgetown, Guyana today and be home in Peru in a couple of days. I just came from looking at about 1000 bf of snake wood in small logs. I was drooling like a St. Bernard. Havent seen an American football game in years.