Thread: Ideas for stops on wooden slide drawers

Ideas for stops on wooden slide drawers

I'm building some drawers with wood slides and I'm afraid the little ones will pull the drawers out all they way, so I need ideas for drawers stops. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Rick

Here's one I've used...

Imagine something like a tongue depressor attached to the cabinet above the drawer. It is aimed straight back in the cabinet, and tilted a little down. It is attached to the cabinet only near the front. With the drawer out of the way, you can reach into the cabinet and twang this piece of wood. If you pull the drawer out, the back of the drawer hits the tip of the tongue depressor, and stops. If you want to deliberately remove the drawer, you can reach inside the drawer just before it hits the stop, and push the stop up until it clears the drawer. When you reinsert the drawer, it just slides past the tongue depressor, bending it up out of the way. Eventually the drawer's back gets past the tip of the depressor, the depressor twangs down in place, and it is ready to be a drawer stop.

Here's a sketch...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rick de Roque
    I'm building some drawers with wood slides and I'm afraid the little ones will pull the drawers out all they way, so I need ideas for drawers stops. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Rick
    You can buy them at Rockler http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?O...Select=Details. Go to the tech document on the DETAILS tab on how they work. Seems simple enough though.
    "And remember, this fix is only temporary, unless it works." - Red Green

THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICTURES

I used a small piece of tempered hardboard cut into an oval shape. I attached it to the inside back of the drawer with a screw just tight enough to make it a little hard to turn. To install and remove the drawer I turn it pointing down, then turn it up to lock the drawer. Takes about 2 minutes to make.