Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello to Everybody

Hi Eric,

Welcome to the Creek. I'm sure it will be a blessing to you as it has for me.
    Be Blessed!

Welcome aboard, Erik! Nice folks here...and you can even see what most of them look like. If that doesn't scare you, than the banter should be fun!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Hi and Welcome to Sawmill Creek Erik! It is great to have "International" members, and I am sure you will enjoy your time spent here. I like to see and hear what others are doing with their Woodworking Skills, so don't hesitate to ask questions, post remarks, and most of all, we REALLY like pictures of projects folks have done. Glad to have you aboard!

Hi Erik! And welcome!

Since no one really said much about the router lift, I will give you my preference. If you already have a router for the table it will make a difference in design. I built the Bill Hylton tilt table from his book "Router Magic". I use a Dewalt 625 router with a Router Raizer for top adjusting. Since it is pretty difficult to get to the collet from the top with this router, the tilt top is nice for changing bits. Then I can do fine adjustments from the top. I tried the big PC router and a Jessem early style lift first. The router had considerable runout and the lift was not sturdy allowing the router to tilt with slight pressure. I returned both for the Dewalt and Router Raizer. I am happy with the combination. I did have to reinforce the top this year as it had started sagging. I can post pics if they are of interest.

David

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Stol
    I would like to intoduce myself a bit to all the other members.

My name is Erik and am I really into DIY. I love to make furniture (copies of the famous Gerrit Rietveld furniture) and projects in and around the house. Most times my own place and frequently at friends and family.
    I do have a small workshop in my garage of around 3x5 meters (i am from The Netherlands that's why).

At the moment I am planning a new project and that is building a router table with the lifting system in it. Anybody suggestions?

Thank you and talk to you sometime later on.

Erik Stol
    Welcome to the Forum Erik. I lived in the Netherlands for several years (1956 & 1957). Beautiful Country and nice people.
    Jerry
    Jerry in the Sunshine State
    Nam Vet, 67-68
    "If you're going to be stupid you got to be tough"