Thread: JIT Error. Need Help

Angry JIT Error. Need Help

I installed Front Page 2003 Beta. Each time the app is started I get the errors below. Can anyone point me in the right direction to solve the problem.

Frontpg.EXE -Application Error
    The instruction a ")x30cba3cf" referenced memory at "0x000efc50". The memory could not be "read".

An exception 'Unhandled Win32 Exception' has occurred in Frontpg.exe

Try removing (via the Control Panel) and reinstalling the application after you restart the machine. If this continues, you probably either have something else conflicting or bad code in the beta. (the latter would not be surprising) Also be sure that your machine meets all the requirements for this version of the program. There are a lot of changes in the "2003" versions of the Microsoft Office programs and it may have different needs than earlier ones.

I had a bunch of quirky problems with various previous versions of FrontPage and switched to Dreamweaver MX last year. Night and day, not that it's perfect.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quinton - Some info needed - what Operating System are you using and a quick overview of hardware -specifically amount of memory.
    Dan McLaughlin

Hardware

Operating system - Windows 2000 5.00.2195 Service Pack 4
    Computer - Compaq Evo Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.00GHz w/ 256meg compaq Ram.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan McLaughlin
    Quinton - Some info needed - what Operating System are you using and a quick overview of hardware -specifically amount of memory.

Thanks - Tried all Mention

Thanks, I tried all mentioned with no success

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    Try removing (via the Control Panel) and reinstalling the application after you restart the machine. If this continues, you probably either have something else conflicting or bad code in the beta. (the latter would not be surprising) Also be sure that your machine meets all the requirements for this version of the program. There are a lot of changes in the "2003" versions of the Microsoft Office programs and it may have different needs than earlier ones.

I had a bunch of quirky problems with various previous versions of FrontPage and switched to Dreamweaver MX last year. Night and day, not that it's perfect.

Quinton - Apparently there is a patch for the Beta version - Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003 Beta 2 Technical Refresh Patch. Have you applied that patch?

The problem with troubleshooting Beta versions of software is that usually the only source of support is the vendor. This is even more difficult since the "release" version is now available. As I understand it, Microsoft is no longer providing support for the Beta version.
    Dan McLaughlin

memory gaffe

Quote Originally Posted by Quinton Berry
    ... Frontpg.EXE -Application Error
    The instruction a ")x30cba3cf" referenced memory at "0x000efc50". The memory could not be "read".

An exception 'Unhandled Win32 Exception' has occurred in Frontpg.exe
    smells like a memory problem to me - maybe a bad (non-ECC) chip or even malware. are you sure you're virus-free?

SWAG,

b

Blog Entries

Try here!

Not trying to get rid of you or your question, but I had great luck with MS problems by posting them here:MS Help Community

Just be sure to place some bogus information in your email address, like "remove" or you may get lots of unsolicited emails since they seem to let people harvest email addresses from their site.

Answers were speedy and right on the money.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Beta Version

Yes, this a MSDN version Haven't gotten the production version. I'll look for the patch in our achieve.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dan McLaughlin
    Quinton - Apparently there is a patch for the Beta version - Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003 Beta 2 Technical Refresh Patch. Have you applied that patch?

The problem with troubleshooting Beta versions of software is that usually the only source of support is the vendor. This is even more difficult since the "release" version is now available. As I understand it, Microsoft is no longer providing support for the Beta version.

Yes, virus free......

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Schafer
    smells like a memory problem to me - maybe a bad (non-ECC) chip or even malware. are you sure you're virus-free?

SWAG,

b