Thread: Value of Powermatic model 90 wood lathe

Value of Powermatic model 90 wood lathe

Would like an idea of the value of a Powermatic model 90 wood lathe. MAchine is in good condition and has some accessories including VFD.

Thanks

You might try posting this on the turning forum. Most of us here are flatwork people. We don't know much about those "spinning things"

Russ is right, try to turning forum. But Powermatic 90's are popular machines and bring good money. Quickest thing is to do a search on Ebay for completed auctions of PM90's and see what they have sold for. I have a figure in mind but it is a guess.

Dave if you are selling one Id like to see it !
    Can you send me some pics?
    Thanks Seth..
    I Love My Dedicated Machines ! And My Dedicated Wife Loves Me !

I looked at one here in town about six months ago that was posted on ebay. It was very nice but had only, I think, a 12" swing. It came with a variety of faceplates and tool rests, but no chucks nor turning tools. I think it brought about 1150. It looked awfully heavy.
    Joe

heck dave i`ll through some numbers out there.....between 500 and 1500 depending on the condition and accessories, the vfd makes it more desirable only if it`s done correctly. what condition is the reves drive in? the bearings? do the centers still line up? accessories is a large category, are they small faceplates and h.f. tools or oneway chucks and name brand tools? how many tool rests and banjos? really more detail is needed to give an accurate guesstimate.....02 tod
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.