Thread: Don Henthorn's Whereabouts

Don Henthorn's Whereabouts

I have been hoping Don would be checking in after his move to California, but if he has, I've missed it.

Do the rest of you know if you are a member, you can't lurk incognito? By going to Don's name in the membership Roster I found he last visited the forum on July 12, He did not post anything , but seemingly he has the ability to visit us; so why doesn't he post?

If anyone is in touch with him, tell him we wish he'd check in again. Even if he thinks he has nothing to say, that'll just put him in the same boat a lot of us are in.
    18th century nut --- Carl

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Was just thinking the same thing. any sightings
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Don really didn't post very often unless he had something to say worth saying. Some of us post when we have nuthin' to contribute.

KC

Carl,

I don't know either and haven't seen nor heard from Don in a while. Maybe he'll jump on here soon and let us know he's alright.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

KC is right. When Don posted I always read it. His wisdom is not limited to woodworking.
    ________
    Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

Replys are puzzling

The replies I've seen so far are a bit hard to understand. They seem to center around the fact that Don's postings were always helpful. I certainly agree with that. Hence I invited him to reply even if he had nothing momentus to say. I pointed out that the rest of us do that all the time. We'd just like to hear from the guy. If my choice of words suggested anything different, I'm sorry.
    18th century nut --- Carl

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Eyman
    The replies I've seen so far are a bit hard to understand. They seem to center around the fact that Don's postings were always helpful. I certainly agree with that. Hence I invited him to reply even if he had nothing momentus to say. I pointed out that the rest of us do that all the time. We'd just like to hear from the guy. If my choice of words suggested anything different, I'm sorry.
    Carl, I think it was just folks agreeing with you, in their own different ways. They'd like to see Don post (as would I), and agree that a lot of us post when there's not much to say.

- Vaughn

He just checked in at another WOODworking CENTRAL COMmercial website. Apparently he couldn't find a reasonable priced dwelling in CA, nor farther up the coast, so he bought a place in TX. He's in the process of moving in, and overcoming some unspecified health issues.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore