I now have a big pile of nicely dovetailed 3/4" poplar waiting to be assembled into drawers, but as bottomless drawers (isn't that against the TOS?) are less than useful, I need to cut grooves for the drawer bottoms. I was about to set up my tablesaw for this when I realized that the end of the groove would show on the dovetail joints, due to the locations of the pins and tails. I could move the bottoms up to be on a tail rather than a pin, but that would lose some drawer depth. And I can't do a stopped cut on the table saw because the slot has to go from full-depth to nothing in 1/2" tops, which also rules out a slot-cutter bit unless I find a really tiny one (plus I'd probably have to build a router table, which I wasn't planning on doing yet).

Anyone have any brilliant ideas? Maybe do a short stopped cut and clean up the ends with a 1/4" chisel?

This is the result of poor planning: I chose the wood for the drawers based largely on what was available at the orange box and would fit in the drawer openings, not thinking about how it would work with the joints. It's 3 1/2" wide, and the jig cuts 1/2" dovetails, so there are exactly 4 pins and 3 tails.