• Should we keep the Super Moderator

88 53.66%
  • Should we fire the Super Moderator

14 8.54%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Moderator Complaints Poll

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser
    The only way I can think of to "shun" someone would be for people to just plain not respond to an individual, and I don't see that happening here.
    Look closely Matt, I think its happening right before your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Jones
    If your not in the "in crowd" here, you definitely have to walk on egg shells.
    Stu has made my point on this comment. Just because the two gents have stated their opinions and Stu doesn't agree with it, he will add them to his ignore list. A.K.A "shun list". More than likely he hasn't a clue to their ability to work wood or their knowledge of it. Just because he doesn't like what they said in this thread he has made a decision to ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
    Well I've found two new names to add to my ignore list
    Thanks Stu, I knew you would help in making my point from an earlier comment.
    Last edited by Doug Jones; 08-21-2006 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wenzloff
    Stu, with all due respect, if you are on this forum, at 2500+ posts in a little over a year, are you working on woodworking projects? This goes for all of us. If we're posting, we ain't workin'.

Take care, Mike

Oooohhh Stu....I think he just called you out. Are you gonna just sit there in your liquer shop, that you run and have to be there all day, at your computer when no customers are there and take that?

Don't take the bait Stu.....I think you should write a 5000 word essay describing how you love your wife and your kids and trees and Japanese bunny rabbits and other stuff to calm yourself down. Then, when you get home from work that you spend almost every day at, go and catagorize all the wood from the forest that you harvested all those hundreds of board feet of wood from by hand to further relax. Then you can take it even easier by making even more tutorial turning videos to help your fellow woodworkers learn the turning techniques that were taught to you by that famous turning guy at the class you took. Then.......................let's go get some ice cream.

Last edited by Mark Rios; 08-21-2006 at 1:13 AM.
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

3. Thanks Mark, but you forgot to mention the great cup of tea I make

Doug Jones, how is it possible that you know who I put on my ignore list?

Shun and Ignore are not synonyms.

I put people on my ignore list who waste my time with their posts. Is that wrong? Not for me, I lead a busy and productive life, and do not need to waste my time reading dull uninteresting posts by people who I observe to have little else to do but go on and on and on and and on............................................. just to hear themselves talk, or in this case read their own posts, really, this is a wood working forum, and the people who complain the loudest about the rules and the other stuff seem to do little wood working, I gather that is because there are no "Whine and Complain" forums for them to go to.

If you like Doug Jones, you can add my to your ignore list

Have a great day, I am mostly through my day, and it is a good one (but a bit hot out).

Cheers! (Iced Mugicha!)
    Last edited by Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan; 08-21-2006 at 7:05 AM.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rios
    let's go get some ice cream.
    Actually the ice cream here is nothing to write home about....

Actually the ice cream here is nothing to write home about....

It doesn't taste like sushi does it?............eeeeewwwwwwww groooossss.
    Mark Rios

You know I been knocking around the internet for almost as long as Al Gore and I've been a member of various forums since they started popping up. I joined SMC because it is the best of it's type out there. This whole discussion has gone off track so I'll probubly quite reading it after this post. But first I feel a need to say a few words.

Most folks who post on SMC post here because of the cival atomospher that existis. this is due in part because of the morerator but to a larger part because of the menbers cival attitude toward fellow woodworkers.

I come here because I enjoy the interactions with other who share a common interest and also to learn. I have learned a great deal in the 1+ year I have been hanging out here. Whenever I post an opinion I speak my mind. If someone ask a question or a critique on some thing they make I feel obligated to be honest and give a truthful answer. Whenever I post a pictue of one of my projects I hope for an honest evaluation. I enjoy the fact that politics are for the most part kept out of the posts.

OK I'm off of my soap box. Time to resume regular programing.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rios
    Oooohhh Stu....I think he just called you out. Are you gonna just sit there in your liquer shop, that you run and have to be there all day, at your computer when no customers are there and take that?

Don't take the bait Stu...
    Actually, Mark, I placed us all in the same category. I know Stu works hard. He has enviable energy and creative talent.

I wasn't calling anyone out. It is a fact if we are posting, we ain't working wood. It applies to me, you and Stu equally.

I think a remark like this, even in jest, can set people against one another when the original post wasn't inflammatory. Just pointing out that Stu's comment was, to one degree or another, like the proverbial pot calling the kettle black.

Take care, Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wenzloff
    Actually, Mark, I placed us all in the same category. I know Stu works hard. He has enviable energy and creative talent.

I wasn't calling anyone out. It is a fact if we are posting, we ain't working wood. It applies to me, you and Stu equally.

I think a remark like this, even in jest, can set people against one another when the original post wasn't inflammatory. Just pointing out that Stu's comment was, to one degree or another, like the proverbial pot calling the kettle black.

Take care, Mike

No offense meant Mike. Just trying to lighten things up a bit. Can I buy you some ice cream?.........No sushi ice cream though.
    Mark Rios

Well I've found two new names to add to my ignore list
    Stu, I truly hope I am not one of those names. I value your contributions here and would hate to lose you as a resource when I have questions and the like about woodworking....which, at bottom, is why we're all here.

In other news: insomnia sucks.

10. Hi Mark, no harm, no foul.

I'll pass on the ice cream though--I'm diabetic and most of the fake stuff causes anaphylactic shock to one degree or another.

Oddly enough, hard achohol doesn't affect my blood sugar and I have been ordered by my doctor to consume moderate amounts. So make mine a G&T...

Take care, Mike

11. Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wenzloff
    Stu, with all due respect, if you are on this forum, at 2500+ posts in a little over a year, are you working on woodworking projects? This goes for all of us. If we're posting, we ain't workin'.

Don't get me wrong. You do a tremendous amount of work and have energy I wish I had. But gumping others because you don't agree with them is simply making the point of some of the posters and silly. But it is your choice.

Take care, Mike
    My choice to be silly, you betcha

Mike, let me tell you how it is, a little look into my busy and productive life.

I run a retail liquor shop, we are open from 10 AM to 1 AM 6 days a week, on Sunday, we are only open from 6 PM to 1 AM.

Often I get to sit in the shop, behind the till from about 8 PM to 11 PM, other times too, but that is the slowest part of the day, I have to sit on my fat butt and wait for customers to come in, I'm stuck there, the only person in the shop, so I surf the net.

I also spend a fair bit of time on my shop's website updating it and taking stuff down, adding new products etc, and some times stuff take time to upload, update etc, this time too, I can pop in here and see my friends, hand out a few "Atta-Boys" do some high-fives and back-slap a few of the in-crowd so I can stay in the in crowd and they don't revoke my double secret decoder ring and passwords, as well as the triple secret handshake......... whoops I was not suppose to mention that was I...........

I work on an average of 12 hours a day, that is 7 days a week average, so that is 84 hours a week, easy, which is double what most guys work, but I'm not complaining, I know there are other guys here who are self employed who work as much, if not more than I do. Yet, I still do a fair bit of stuff, how? Simple, I don't waste time here, when I have a minute, I pop in, when I'm busy, I'm busy. I also don't watch TV, I find it a complete waste of time (Japanese TV REALLY sucks) I could get cable, but why, I have better things to do.

All due respect? Heck Mike I don't give a rat's behind, I earn my respect with my friends, I know who they are, you ain't one of them (OK that sounds a bit harsh, I mean no ill will towards you Mike, at all).

Have a nice day, and with all due respect, lighten up, you will live longer
    Last edited by Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan; 08-21-2006 at 7:23 AM.

Now that all of you have issued the obligatory white paper defining your politically correct stance on ice cream preferences; work habits; and how you can vehmently dislike someone yet still engage them in discourse would you please return to the bickering, sniping, posturing, postulating, and other stuff.

This entire chain of threads has been far more entertaining than anything on TV.
    Only the Blue Roads

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Clabo
    I am and forever will be able to speak for myself Damien. If you would like to discuss my intelligence...I'd be glad to.

I'm guessing that conversation would'nt take up to much bandwidth.

Folks, the dialog is great, but let's try to cut down on the personal insults, please! Debate, reason, use the imoticons when you are being light-hearted, but be civil. I'd hate to have to be the one to moderate the moderator's thread...

Jim
    SMC Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Hoyt
    Now that all of you have issued the obligatory white paper defining your politically correct stance on ice cream preferences; work habits; and how you can vehmently dislike someone yet still engage them in discourse would you please return to the bickering, sniping, posturing, postulating, and other stuff.

This entire chain of threads has been far more entertaining than anything on TV.

2763 views, but only 158 votes.