Thread: Weather report from Texas

Weather report from Texas

How dry is it here in Tx.? Well, the Baptists are now sprinkling, the Methodists are just laying a damp cloth on the convert's brow, the Episcopalians are giving out rain checks, and the Roman Catholics are changing the wine back into water. Just thought you would like to know, Max- the M. in my name

Max,

That's a good one, and you are correct. We don't have a drop of rain in sight, and the temps have been 105 lately. My pecans are dropping off the trees, so another year of no nuts. My grass is dead, except around the flower gardens, which my wife keeps watered. I guess I'll have to finally put in a sprinkler system next year.

Praying for rain in Texas.
    Martin, Granbury, TX
    Student of the Shaker style

Martin, same thing here. Pecans (natives anyway) are small and dropping. Squirrells are eating oak acorns part way and spitting the rest out. Makes for a big mess. I was on the roof weekend before last, and there were quite a few pecans normal size on the tree I trimmed off the roof. The creek behind us is dry to the point that my pick up tube for the sprinkler system is out of the water. The swan that is nomally there year round and swims over to greet you when you go back there is gone. Hope a critter didn't get it. Still see the blue herron from time to time. It needs to change, and SOON!!! Jim
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Even here in the northwest it's been the driest summer I can remember in the last 15 years. We don't usually water lawns, because even in summer we normally get enough rain to keep them alive, if not green. One good thing, haven't had to mow in over a month. Nicer temps though, yesterday
    88 was the high and this morning it's 54 and cloudy.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

It's been really bad this year. I'm about ready for winter already.

We got a 1/2" or so of rain last week.

But whats that ol' saying?

Its still drier than a popcorn fart

I can only speak of what's the weather's like on the western slopes of the rockies here in north central Idaho. It's dry! It's been dry about 8 out of the last 10 years.

Last Friday I drove west to US 97 and then south to Bend OR. We had a difficult time viewing the Cascade mountain peaks even though we were only a few 10-30 miles away. On a normal day we would have seen most of the peaks in Oregon. The smoke from forest fires eliminated the viewing. We turned and went west on US 20 to Newport OR. On the western (wet) slopes it was no problem as there was no noticeable smoke. On our return trip on the same route, we didn't see a single peak of the Cascades on the western slopes as the smoke was thicker. Today I was washing folding chairs and a cooler outside. Everything smells of smoke from the many forest fires in our immediate area. Folks.....it hit approximately 100 degrees Sunday according to our neighbors and the air is smoke filled!

It's hot and dry and probably only our normal fall rains/snows will help put out what we are experiencing.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

They say that it's due to Global Warming which is caused by people using so much electricity, which in turn causes the electrical plants to burn more fossil fuels to meet demands. Latest statistic is that people on SMC are directly causing 10% of the worlds global warming due to form access rates.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Heehee.

I guess Noah's using his pile of wood to build endtables now.

-Jeff

That aint hot

It is not hot until the sandwich you are eating turns to toast before you finish it.

I am doing my part to combat Deforestation world wide I don’t cut exotics (don’t have any yet)
    Myrel Willeford

Round and round we go where do we stop??????? STOP??????? why stop.