Thread: Another weekend without any DC install progress

Another weekend without any DC install progress

Well I had big plans this last weekend for getting my ClearVue install moved along but just got home from the hospital instead. Thursday evening I noticed some tenderness just above my left ankle and wondered when I might have banged something that caused it to be sore. Friday morning while getting ready for work I notice a couple of areas on the foot that looked a little puffy but no big deal - I thought. By mid morning Friday the foot had swelled noticably. Being a diabetic, feet problems are a mojor concern so I left work early. Called my doc who had already left the office for the day and he suggested I go in to the ER to make sure I didn't have an infection. So I get to the hospital around 1 PM Friday and just got released about an hour ago. I thought I was just going in for a simple test and maybe a shot so drove myself and didn't have anything but the clothes I was wearing. I apparently ended up narrowly missing getting infection into the bone and blood poisoning. They zapped me with pretty massive doses of IV antibiotics every 6 hrs and ran a barrage of tests. All the swelling is gone now and things look pretty much under control. The only fun part of the stay was that one of the nurses took pity on me missing my dog and was able to set up a visit for an hour Sunday which was tres cool. So now I'm off work until I go back to the doc for followup next Mon. or Tues. I should be able to get some DC work done in that time even with the restrictions he put me on, so expect some more DC install questions.

It'll take me some time to get caught up on all the posts I've missed. Sure is good to get back here.
    Use the fence Luke

Wow...that doesn't sound like you had a fun weekend at all! 'Glad you caught that infection when you did, Doug!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    Wow...that doesn't sound like you had a fun weekend at all! 'Glad you caught that infection when you did, Doug!
    Yeah - fun it wasn't. It was mostly 4 days of extreme boredom. There's only so much TV you can watch or sleeping you can do. At least they unhooked me in between IV sessions so I was able to walk around without dragging one of those IV stands with me. Saturday night I went to the main lobby a few times and watched the classic cars go by. There's a yearly weekend deal around here called the Dream-Cruise where everyone shows up with their classic cars and drives Woodward Ave. between Detroit and Pontiac. The hospital is right on Woodward so I was able to watch the party for a while. That and the dog visit Sunday were the high points.
    Use the fence Luke

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Shepard
    There's a yearly weekend deal around here called the Dream-Cruise where everyone shows up with their classic cars and drives Woodward Ave. between Detroit and Pontiac. The hospital is right on Woodward so I was able to watch the party for a while.
    Some people will do anything to get close-up parking for the Dream Cruise.
    Glad to hear you are doing better Doug.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser
    Some people will do anything to get close-up parking for the Dream Cruise.
    Glad to hear you are doing better Doug.
    Thanks. Haven't gotten the bill yet, but I'd guess my 'parking' fee will be end up being quite a bit more than if I'd paid Joe Parking Lot Owner.
    Use the fence Luke