Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: can we mention other forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Salisbury
    Everything is relative. We have almost 9,000 members. And actually the number of folks questioning the TOS is very small. In addition there are a few folks who continue to question it on a regular basis, making it look like it is a big deal. Evidently they have an obsession with making SMC a democracy, which it is not.
    One would hope we have more than "a few folks" who would like SMC to continue to improve. But dismissing legitimate questions and concerns as "an obsession with making SMC a democracy" certainly is an interesting way to spin that.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Ken.

Now I'm shaking my head here.

What does your statement-
    Evidently they have an obsession with making SMC a democracy, which it is not.

Have to do with some of us saying that the TOS is not clear to us?

Yes I know the rules.
    But the TOS can be confusing to some!
    That's why it keeps coming up

.....Evidently they have an obsession with making SMC a democracy, which it is not.

"Your Friendly Moderator"
    God forbid anyone should try and make SMC a democracy! What in the world would happen if questions and suggestions were taken as constructive and not the railings of a revolutionary rabble!

I can only think of one answer to your "democracy" statement - that is, with great respect - it's extremely disappointing and, even pitiful!

In my opinion, anyway, I can't think of another thing you could say that would show more disprespect and disdain for SMC members, who after all, are the backbone of the forum - not the rules which you seem to have more respect for!
    Rick in Cowichan Bay, B.C. Canada - 30 miles north of Victoria, B.C.

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Doyle

In my opinion, anyway, I can't think of another thing you could say that would show more disprespect and disdain for SMC members, who after all, are the backbone of the forum - not the rules which you seem to have more respect for!
    I apologize if you think I am being disrespectful to the entire membership. We have gone to great lengths in this thread (and others) to explain our position on this subject. Like I say there are just a few who don't seem to get it.

I will quote an earlier response in this thread:

"It has been said before and causes ire with some of our members (as I am). In fear I will restate what has been said before: Sawmill Creek is not a democracy. If any member has questions as to what is and what is not allowed can always PM or E-mail an inquiry to either one of the moderators or an admiistrator. We are more than willing to respond to such inquiries."

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clardy
    What does your statement-
    Evidently they have an obsession with making SMC a democracy, which it is not.
    It means just what it says.

Why some people want to beat a dead horse is beyond me. I try very very hard to be as diplomatic as possible in my responses as has Aaron, Keith and Jim, but an old dog gets to growling when you keep aggravating him . PLEASE -- Let it go

"Your Friendly ?? Moderator"
    Last edited by Ken Salisbury; 08-27-2006 at 12:50 PM.

I try very very hard to be as diplomatic as possible in my responses as has Aaron, Keith and Jim, but an old dog gets to growling when you keep aggravating him . PLEASE -- Let it go

"Your Friendly ?? Moderator"
    Ken,

I find your statement about trying to be as diploamtic as possible to mean only that you might want to think about a few lessons in diplomacy. There's another saying about dogs that seems appropriate to me when discussing your responses:

"that dog won't hunt"!

As for the TOS - I know your opinion, but I prefer Keith's. He agrees it needs to be addressed despite what you say about it.
    Rick in Cowichan Bay, B.C. Canada - 30 miles north of Victoria, B.C.

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Doyle
    Ken,

I find your statement about trying to be as diploamtic as possible to mean only that you might want to think about a few lessons in diplomacy. There's another saying about dogs that seems appropriate to me when discussing your responses:

"that dog won't hunt"!

As for the TOS - I know your opinion, but I prefer Keith's. He agrees it needs to be addressed despite what you say about it.

My opinion of the TOS and Keith's are the same. The TOS is what it is: "the rules". I said previously that he would make the necessary changes when and if he gets time to do it.

With all due respect, I will discuss this with you off-line if you like. I will not continue this "fuel the fire" any longer. Enough is enough.

Therfore I am closing this thread. We have beat this horse long enough. But then again the Admistration has the option of reopening it if they desire. I always (well almost always) follow their lead.

p.s. Steve Clardy -- Please check your PM's
    Last edited by Ken Salisbury; 08-27-2006 at 2:08 PM.