Thread: Forum keeps logging me out

Forum keeps logging me out

Often when I try to post, the forum says I am not logged in. Sometimes it lets me log in, and sometimes it keeps giving me the same error.

I have been unable to post pictures because it won't recognize that I am logged in to let me select the picture and put it on the post.

I am using a VPN to get internet, is this messing it up?

John,

Its a cookie problem...find and delete all cookies pertaining to sawmillcreek then log in again and you should be ok. I have a step by step process for this posted in here. If you need me too I will try and look it up and get it to you.

Noah
    To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; to leave the world a little better; wheter by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easeir because you have lived. This is the meaning of success.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

had this problem here and on another site plus I was getting alot unsolicted e-mail I chucked my cookies and temp internet files had to log in again to get a fresh cookie but it works great again,,,
    Mike

Blog Entries

Same thing here!

I have the same problem at work from time to time. I just delete all the SMC cookies and get new ones. Then once I log in they last for a while. I've never (where's some wood to knock on) had this occur with my home computer, although I use it less than the one at work. It may be a network or firewall related problem.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

How do you delete the cookies?

Dave

Deleting cookies

Quote Originally Posted by David Klug

Dave
    Dave,
    The easiest way is to go to start - find -files or folders (a little different in XP but similar) when the box pops up type sawmillcreek*.* & make sure it's searching your C drive. It will search your drive & come up with a bunch of results in the results box. Hit edit - select all then file - delete. This is assuming that you have not purposefully saved anything wiht the words sawmillcreek in the file name. log back onto SMC & you are good to go.You could search your windows/cookies directory - but you probably have thousands of cookies to search through.
    God Bless America!

Tom Sweeney BP

Quote Originally Posted by David Klug

Dave
    David,

Here is another way if you are using interenet explorer. This is what I wrote up before.

You will need to dump all your Sawmill Creek cookies and get new ones. What happens is your old cookies are not deleted by the new software upgrade to the site. If you are using IE Explorere you can go to Tools...Internet Options...Delete Cookies (this will clear all cookies not something I like to do) or Tools...Internet Options...Settings...View Files...Click on the top of the Internet Address colum to sort by that colum and look for something that looks like cookie:yourcomputername@sawmillcreek.org or cookie:yourcomputername@http://www.sawmillcreek.org and delete them. Make sure you look for both. Hope this helps

Noah
    To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; to leave the world a little better; wheter by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easeir because you have lived. This is the meaning of success.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Still happening

Deleted all cookies, same problem.

Blog Entries

Okay!

Quote Originally Posted by John Preston
    Okay, lets get down to basics. What operating system do you have and what browser are you using. What version of browser?
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

What browser?

What browser are you using? If it's IE, try upgrading and see
    if your problem doesn't disappear.

This appears to be a problem-- but not one that I've ever experienced,
    on 13 or so different computers/OS/browser combinations. Thus, it's
    really difficult to troubleshoot and find a solution.

_Aaron_

OS/ browser

Browser is IE 5.50.4807.2300

OS is Windows 2000 5.00.2195 service pack 2

Computer is IBM thinkpad, 900 Mhz

the VPN goes through my head office, then back out through a firewall.

same symptoms same config

I have the same symptoms that John does. In fact, this is the first time in months that I have been allowed to post a response to any message (I'm holding my breath as I type) I have the same OS and IE version as John if that helps debug this issue

Browser is IE 5.50.4807.2300

OS is Windows 2000 5.00.2195 service pack 2

Computer is IBM thinkpad, 900 Mhz

the VPN goes through my head office, then back out through a firewall.
    Torre

A lack of thoughtfulness is different than a lack of intelligence, but often has the same net result

Trying Netscape

I'm trying Netscape 4.79 that I found on my computer.

Well, Netscape let me attach the file, let's see if it posts.

Just finished this kitchen.

Thanks for the advice if it works.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm trying Netscape 4.79 that I found on my computer.

Well, Netscape let me attach the file, let's see if it posts.

Just finished this kitchen.

Thanks for the advice if it works.
    Well, there we see-- it was Microsoft all along.
    An upgrade should fix IE, as well.

_Aaron_