Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Another Defection

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Henderson
    He ever have a student named Raines

I could asks him. Do you know my unlce?

Evidently, I dated yer cousin years ago

Too much of a coincidence.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jaskok
    Aaaaahh, Woodnet, now I know. Now that I think about it, I think Allen Duboff was the guy known as Maestro over there. I remember seeing a post mentioning that he was permanently banned at Woodnet. Not sure what for, but it had to be pretty bad to banned from there. The only reason I remember him is because of that ridiculous avatar of a maestro.
    Man, this thread has gotten into gossip, inuendo, belittling and, well, silliness.

What may or may not have happened in regards to Alan's being prevented from posting on WN is pretty much no ones business unless he elects to share.

I will say that not everyone who has been banned from WN has committed some grievious thing that went above and beyond what the rest of us heathens there do.

Take care, Mike

I think a friendly greeting is in order, welcome to each of you who have recently joined SMC.

Hugh...we need to discuss your username, it is unlikely that your parents gave you such a name. Please contact either Aaron Koehl or myself so we can edit your username here at SMC.

Geez, Blaine,

My welcome was not as lively as yours!
    John

Chisel And Bit
    Custom Crafted Furniture

I have never heard of Blaine getting in trouble over at the other place...

Hey John,what's up?

I don't have any idea what happened here. Maybe if I show another project picture, I'll get out of whatever hot water I'm in.

Blaine

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wenzloff
    Man, this thread has gotten into gossip, inuendo, belittling and, well, silliness.

What may or may not have happened in regards to Alan's being prevented from posting on WN is pretty much no ones business unless he elects to share.

I will say that not everyone who has been banned from WN has committed some grievious thing that went above and beyond what the rest of us heathens there do.

Take care, Mike
    Mike,

While I feel I was wrongfully ban'd from WoodNet, and do not respect their management one iota whatsoever for it, I don't feel it is something that should be aired in public as it was their judgement to do so. If anyone really wants to know what I think happened, they can contact me via email, which is available on my profile.

The irony of watching folks leave on their own accord is quite humorous. I've always had a slightly twisted sense of humor, so humor me more if you will...

(darn, missed all this juicy stuff being at work...I hate to work for a living...)
    --
    Life is about what your doing today, not what you did yesterday! Seize the day before it sneaks up and seizes you!

Alan - http://www.traditionaltoolworks.com:8080/roller/aland/

9. Uh, I wasn't the one that brought it up...And I think I mentioned it was something for you to share however whenever you saw fit--or not.

But...I'm sorry if my weak attempt at bascially saying what you just did offended you or is deemed inappropriate.

Take care, Mike
    not in the mood for anything more touchy-feely than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wenzloff
    Uh, I wasn't the one that brought it up...
    I realize, why do you think I mentioned email? You need to have a valid email to send me email, otherwise my server won't accept it. I was more referring to the gent who couldn't spell my name correctly, but it looks like he might not be able to spell his own name either, the moderators seem to be looking into that!

EDIT: Isn't it ironic that the "someplace else" now has moderation?

Oh, BTW, welcome to the creek Hugh! (whoever you might be, defector, Jaskok, or Jasho). Do you think that someone from that "someplace else" would use a name like that? I say his posts will be short lived.

Nice table Blaine, what type of varnish did you use?

Do you keep the table outdoors? I haven't made anything for outdoors yet, but have a small section of decking coming up that could entail some varnish. What kind of wood is that, it looks nice.
    Last edited by Alan DuBoff; 08-30-2006 at 4:50 AM.
    --
    Life is about what your doing today, not what you did yesterday! Seize the day before it sneaks up and seizes you!

Alan - http://www.traditionaltoolworks.com:8080/roller/aland/

Quote Originally Posted by Alan DuBoff
    Nice table Blaine, what type of varnish did you use?

Do you keep the table outdoors? I haven't made anything for outdoors yet, but have a small section of decking coming up that could entail some varnish. What kind of wood is that, it looks nice.
    The table is made from teak decking that I bought several years ago from Lumber Liquidators for about $1.50/bdft. Too good a deal to pass up. The varnish is a marine exterior Spar varnish with UV protection. I forget the name now, but if I had it to do over, I'd use a Waterlox product. I used a couple coats of Watco Teak Oil under the varnish. And yes, the table is kept outdoors, but it's covered with a fabric called Sunbrella that's basically used in the marine field. Howie Acheson was highly instrumental in the choice of varnish and the Sunbrella cover - gotta give credit where credit's due.

Thanks for the compliment.

Blaine

Shouldn't this defection stuff be in the OFF TOPIC Forum?

And it's been a long time since another Woodworking Forum was mentioned this many times on SMC.

Quote Originally Posted by Terre Hooks
    Shouldn't this defection stuff be in the OFF TOPIC Forum?

And it's been a long time since another Woodworking Forum was mentioned this many times on SMC.
    Hah hah! This won't end well.
    David

Just as long as it ends

Quote Originally Posted by Blaine Harrison
    I don't have any idea what happened here. Maybe if I show another project picture, I'll get out of whatever hot water I'm in.

Blaine

WoW! That is nice! How often do you need to trim back the bushes? Are the flowers annuals?

TIA