I'm at the very last stage of completing my DC system and could really appreciate some pointers.

In a nutshell, I'm kind of at a loss on how to take my 6in pvc pipe and hook it up to some of my machines. I've got all the blast gates done and am just feet away from each machine. I've read this forum extensively and of course consulted Bill Pentz's excellent site, but I guess something is just not clicking for me.

For example, the jointer. My Jet 6in jointer has a square output chute with a plastic 4in DC hookup. So do I remove the plastic and replace it with a larger square of wood with a 6in hole in the middle? Then do I put a "take off" in that hole to attach to my duct? All these take offs seem to be metal. Will they fit my SDR pvc?

Then for the TS, BS, and router table, it looks like I need to branch out with 5 and 3.5 lines. There is no 5in pvc. Do I switch to metal or just go with flex hose?

Finally, what's the best way to make a 5x3 wye? I read about using the pipe template software to cut your own and I'm ok with that, but if I take 6in pipe and cut 5in and 3in holes in it, do I just cap off the 6in end?

Thanks for any pointers! I've done an aweful lot of reading on this but can't seem to find the way forward. All the machine stuff seems to use metal, but I'm running pvc!