Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Epilog Rotary attachment

I too had problems with the object slipping on the rollers...In my case I was engraving some glass beer mugs that had a heavy handle on one side.All went well for the first few but after a while they started to slip. I didn't notice until one was obviously not right...I tried masking tape around the top edge of the glass that rests on the driven wheels...that worked ok. Then I tried slipping a couple of wide rubber/elastic bands around the top..I still use this method as it is a good "grippy" surface.
    One query I have about the epilog rotary thing is...are there smaller idler wheels available or has any one tried making some?.The reason is, I've tried engraving a beer mug with a large heavy base that is a lot larger diameter than the top..the adjustment on the carrier doesn't allow the glass to be lowered enough to get the surface horizontal. When I tried moving the wheels to a "thinner area of the mug...the handle fouled the wheels..

thanks...Dave

We have a short length of metal rod which we place inside of light objects like flashlights to act as a weight. It also took us a while to realize that any cylindrical object vastly different in diameter to the rotary drive wheels, needs to have the artwork expanded or contracted to compensate for the difference - i.e. one rotation of the drive wheels is not necessarily one rotation of the object.
    Epilog Helix 50W
    ez-Router 4'x8' CNC router
    Roland Versacamm VP-540 printer
    Gerber Edge II

How accurately did you measure the circumference of the flashlight, and did you transfer that dimension into the page size in Corel? The dimensions of the page in Corel dictate the revolution of the rotary attachment. there may be nothing wrong with the rotary.