Thread: Almost a gloat

Almost a gloat

Yesterday I went out to a private property near my house where people dump stuff to collect a stump I spotted about a year ago. That was all fine and dandy, but today as I was going to pull it out of my truck, I fell out and hit the trailer hitch of my LandCruiser that I was going to use as the deadman for pulling the stump out. Anyway, I landed on the 3rd or 4th bone in my neck, and my whole body tingled, from my finger tips down to my toes, including my chest..... That was about 30 minutes ago. I'm thinking this stump might not be worth the trouble. I believe it's Olive. The stump is pictured in the back of my truck, and in between the sides of my platform support is 49".... Take a look.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jerry - congrats on the wood ... but, seriously, if you don't feel back to normal real soon - go get it checked out! No sense in taking chances!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

I agree, watch yourself and don't hesitate to get checked out. Could be a simple shock to the system, but it could be a crack or two! Sure hope you're gonna be ok. On the stump, I'd say definitely a keeper. Maybe cut some of it up in the truck, very, very carefully?

I agree, also. The stump is great! But your stability and equilibrium is more important. If it were me, I'd go get it checked out. If it's a minor fracture (how can any fracture be minor?) you'll need to be more careful to not make it major. You don't want to end up with paralysis if you can avoid it. Take care....
    Allen
    The good Lord didn't create anything without a purpose, but mosquitoes come close.
    And.... I'm located just 1,075 miles SW of Steve Schlumpf.

Can't think of anything the others haven't said. Hope the neck thing is nothing serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Neighbors View Post
    If it's a minor fracture (how can any fracture be minor?) you'll need to be more careful to not make it major. You don't want to end up with paralysis if you can avoid it. Take care....
    The only "minor" fracture is the other guy's fracture!!!

Jerry, anytime you have radial nerve response, you have injured something - even if very briefly and minor. Smart thing here is to get it checked! An unstable neck fracture could turn serious very quickly.

I agree. I would have it checked out as soon as you could. Tingling in from your chest, arms/hands to your feet is not good.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.