Thread: New Member....Just ordered a Craftsman OR35504.

New Member....Just ordered a Craftsman OR35504.

I recently ordered the Craftsman OR35504. I have been dreaming of a Sawstop, saving for a Unisaw, considering a Grizzly and debating the whole hybrid saw category.

Sears practically made the decision for me. They had the saw on sale for $799 with an additional 30% off. This got me out the door for $607.37 after sales tax. This price coupled with the Editors Choice award in Work Bench magazine convinced me this is the saw for me.

I consider myself a reserve carpenter, 1 weekend a month, 2 weeks a year. I just recently got serious about branching out from just plain rough frame carpentry to try my hand at cabinets, furniture, shelving etc. With my golf habit, I would not likely be in the price range of a Unisaw for a while. Did not even have the money for this saw, but the price convinced me to pull out the credit card. Considering I am obviously not a pro, I just could not justify getting a professional grade saw for almost 3 times as much.

I generally buy professional grade tools, Makita, Hitachi and DeWalt are my 3 main brands, but for this price, I decided to give Craftsman a shot. I still have a portable Craftsman table saw that has done well by me.

Anyway, if anyone has this saw and has any useful hints, tips or lessons learned, I would appreciate them sharing them with me.

Also, I bought the Craftsman mobile base that is adjustable to fit a range of saws. Has anyone used this? For the price, I am tempted to just go get some lockable caster wheels from a local home store and replace the adjustable legs with these. I saw some lockable casters that are replacements for Rigid saws. I will have to wait til I get the saw home to test out this theory unless someone else already has.

Thanks

Chris,
    Welcome to the creek. Enjoy your new toy and post pictures of it when you have it set up.

Nice

Seems like a GREAT deal. I've heard many people have been pleased with the newer Craftsman saws. Have fun, looking forward to pictures of the saw and the projects that roll off it.

-Linc

Hi Chris - Welcome to SMC and congrats on the new saw...you got a great deal! I've had the 22124 (as it's more commonly called), for nearly a year and a half and am totally satisfied with it. The stock Leitz blade is pretty good, but you'd still do well to add something like Freud LU88R010 60T blade ($41 delivered), and a 24T TK ripper....the Leitz/Irwin 24T TK for $11 through Mike Jackson is a world beater deal.
    http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthr...v=#Post2572591

Mine's wired for 220v, and I slid the front rail tube over 10" to gain more rip capacity. I've replaced the stock Biese laminate extension table with a shop buitl router table. When you align the table to the blade, be sure to loosen the table bolts and not the trunnion bolts.

Enjoy!

Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

welcome chris!
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.