Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Single line font

Question Single line font

Don' know if any body out their could help. I have a small problem?
    I need a single line vector font (ttf)
    ie. a font that has been created using a vector based font package not one created using a raster based package. It has to be a hairline thick know matter what size the font is, hense that is why i need vector.

Would be much appreciated if someone could help

Let me have your email address and I will send them to you.

For other members - I've had these fonts requested several times.

Is there a way to make them available on the forum?

Doug,

You could zip it and attach. Hopefuly the mods wouldn't object as long as it's available free and not requiring licensing or anything like that.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Quote Originally Posted by Doug McIntyre
    Let me have your email address and I will send them to you.

For other members - I've had these fonts requested several times.

Is there a way to make them available on the forum?
    Doug,

If the fonts are not copy protected you can send them to me and I can make them available.

I downloaded and unzipped the files and put them in my fonts folder but my pc won't recognize them. What's the secret?

Unzip them to a folder somewhere... Open Control Panel -> Fonts and then select "Install Fonts" and then browse to the temp folder you made.

Thank you; that works but even though they are in my font folder and in Font Navigator they do not show on the drop down menu of fonts available in Corel. Any suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null
    Thank you; that works but even though they are in my font folder and in Font Navigator they do not show on the drop down menu of fonts available in Corel. Any suggestions.
    Did you restart Corel? It doesn't regenerate its font list in real time, only once the first time you access the font drop-down.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Install them from a directory OTHER than your \FONT directory. If you try to install them from there, they can't overwrite themselves... and the install will fail. I just extracted them to the root of C: and the installed them from there. Worked like a champ.

Thank you for your explanations. Just one more question.

I have the file installed, they are in the Font Navigator catalog and I have dragged them to the active list. I can view them but when I try to include them in a drawing they are not visible in Corel Draw's font menu.

You may need to "uninstall" them and repeat the process.

Looking past Corel for a second... can you see the installed font's in other applications? (Word or Notepad?).

If not... you likely something out of synch. Only takes a sec to instal them into Windows, but it has to be done right. If properly installed, every application running under Windows will see them next time it comes up.

I'd delete them and reinstall:

START > CONTROL PANEL > FONTS

"Delete" and then reinstall from a separate folder somewhere else on the drive.

Thanks again for your response. I did try Word but they don't show up their either.

I think I'll follow your last suggestion when I get a little time.

Hi all,

I downloaded, unzipped to a temp file and installed the fonts using control panel. Everything worked like it was suppose to EXCEPT parts of some letters are missing in almost all of the font sets (the .pfm files) . The parts that are missing are missing when I double click the .pfm files to see the preview as well as in Corel (X3).

Any suggestions?

Bill

Remember, single line fonts are just that... single line. Corel shows fonts by filling enclosed areas. There are a lot of letters that do not have an enclosed shape. You may be able to see the fonts by viewing wireframe in Corel. I never use single line fonts in Corel, so I am not sure it will work.

Mark
    ULS X-2 660, Corel X3, Haas VF4, Graphtec vinyl cutter, Xenetech rotaries (3), Dahlgren Tables, Gorton P2-3, New Hermes pantographs (2), and recently, 24" x 36" chinese router. Also do sublimation, sand blasting, & metal photo. Engraver since 1975.