Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for comments on the Clear Vue Cyclones

Quote Originally Posted by brent lenthall
    1. I have a wynn cannister filter on my single stage dust collector and it's a pain to keep it clean. Without a brush or beater, can I expect the same problem with a wynn filter on the clearvue?
    Short answer, no. The cyclone separates all but some of the fine dust into the collection drum. Stu recently posted a good evaluation on this showing 1/2 shot glass of dust from the filters after emptying 320 gallons of sawdust from his drum.

2. The Clearvue has a 5hp motor, but it's rated compressor duty. Will this work in a commercial cabinet shop? (not constant use, but more the a couple mins. at a time)
    I haven't heard of any issues. Most people that I've talked to leave theirs running during the entirety of their dust making operations. Repeated start cycles in a short time frame is much harder on the motor.

3. Any concerns I should have about the Grizzly (other than import motor). Design issues that aren't reflected in the CFM specs, but may result in poor collection?
    I haven't used the Grizzly. I recall reading somewhere that it was very close to the Pentz design with a few modifications for economical reasons which negatively affected the separation efficiency. But that was a while ago and the Grizzly design may have changed since then. The one modification I remember being noted was the angle of intake from round to rectangle being different and adding turbulence. But then again, I haven't used the Grizzly cyclone so take this with a grain of salt.

I would highly encourage you to read Bill Pentz's website if you haven't already. It's a real education and can provide answers to some of your questions from a scientific stand point.

Matt
    Matt

I do not have the ClearVue, but from what I hear/see from others who do, it's a really good option that sits between buying a complete system and building one completely from scratch. You have a bit of work to do to get it up and running...more than buying a package from Oneida and others, but far less than you would starting with large sheets of flat metal, etc.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I bought a Clearvue, built a closet around it for my garage turned full time shop,and am real close to getting it fired up. Waiting on the electrician. I have been working on all the dust ports and PVC ducting this summer. I got some "used for one week each" filters from a local mill. So I am just finishing the filter stack.
    Ed at Clearvue was very helpful and prompt to respond to my questions.

Just to add, the separation is so good on the Clearvue. I have a vent leading outside the shop. After 30 or so barrels of chips. There isn't enough dust on the inside of the vent to cover the end of my finger. Ed has pictures of his units installed in commercial environment on is website.

I have had mine ClearVue up and running for 8 months now...
    I can't really say anything that has not been said already.

It is a great unit, Ed is great to deal with, The system works as advertised (no marketing hype) It just plain SUCKS!

Smile

Hi everyone,
    Last night I happened upon this post quite by accident. I just have to say that I was amazed. I know we have a good product, but the amazing thing is the number of you who have taken the time to post here and give us glowing reviews. It does my heart good to know that our hard work hasn’t gone unnoticed. I have purposely put a very high priority on customer service….the old fashion way. I’ve done this for two reasons: First, I believe that in the long run it’s just good business (over time the word will get out that we have great customer service and that will be a key factor in our long term growth. Secondly, and more importantly, I’ve done this because I truly believe it is the right thing to do – to treat customers as if they are the most important part of our business….not just before the sale, but during and after the sale too.
    I want to say thank you to everyone who posted here for Clear Vue Cyclones.

Ed Morgano

P.S. Jim O'dell, looks like I’m going to have to come to Texas and wire up your shop!!!!! I believe you are approaching the record for the longest Clear Vue installation……..don’t get excited, there isn’t a prize for that.
    Last edited by Ed Morgano; 09-17-2006 at 11:03 PM.

Ed, somehow I knew you were going to see that! And if I do own that record, at least I will have done something no one else has done! I've been part of records that have stood the test of time as a team, but never as an individual.
    Ed, I am working on it, abeit slowly. I just need some flex hose and rework the hood on the table saw to have that one hooked up. Need to get back on Texas Electric, or try some of the other providers if TU won't budge on their stance. It will get done, eventually.....Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

David Less Guest

Clear Vue

Rick,

I've had mine running close to a year now, although it is somewhat of a custom design (to fit my low ceilings) I'm tickled pink with it. Based on your questions, I would not hesitate to call Ed M. and talk to him. He will answer all of your questions and concerns.

Just my $.02

David

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Morgano
    Hi everyone,
    I have purposely put a very high priority on customer service….the old fashion way. I’ve done this for two reasons: First, I believe that in the long run it’s just good business (over time the word will get out that we have great customer service and that will be a key factor in our long term growth. Secondly, and more importantly, I’ve done this because I truly believe it is the right thing to do – to treat customers as if they are the most important part of our business….not just before the sale, but during and after the sale too.
    I want to say thank you to everyone who posted here for Clear Vue Cyclones.

Ed Morgano
    for anybody on the fence about ed`s product, i`ve spoken to ed in the past and explained my current set up and his advice was that if i wanted to upgrade to look into a professionally designed system. folks that`s about as honest as they come! he didn`t try to sell me on something i couldn`t use and was very knowledgable about the larger commercial set-ups. if ed manufactured a cyclone that would fit my opperation i wouldn`t hesitate to do business with him.....02 tod
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Morgano
    P.S. Jim O'dell, looks like I’m going to have to come to Texas and wire up your shop!!!!! I believe you are approaching the record for the longest Clear Vue installation……..don’t get excited, there isn’t a prize for that.
    Gee - I thought Jim would beat me across the finish line and I'd end up with that record. I've been making steady but slow process, but I've been stalled on designing removable walls and framing on the DC closet for the last few days. I think things are going to grind to a snails pace when it comes time to run the ducting in the rafters. Fancy a trip to Michigan anytime in the future?
    Use the fence Luke

Rick, where are you going to put a cyclone? One is my short list too. We need to get together and talk some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Shepard
    Gee - I thought Jim would beat me across the finish line and I'd end up with that record. I've been making steady but slow process, but I've been stalled on designing removable walls and framing on the DC closet for the last few days. I think things are going to grind to a snails pace when it comes time to run the ducting in the rafters. Fancy a trip to Michigan anytime in the future?
    I may be in the running too. Purchased my in Dec '05 and just got it mounted last month. Something about the LOML using the cone as storage for garden tools got me moving on that part. That, and I know of a biz which may be closing soon and they'll have a ton of spiral pipe to get rid of. Otherwise, I've been busy with remodeling projects.

The crawl is on...

Matt

Matt, only Dec of '05...tch, tch. I bought mine in April '05.
    Doug, I did/am doing mine between the rafters as well. Maybe you haven't seen the pictures on my rehab thread, I posted a few, geez, 5 months ago???? I started the install, Bill Pentz suggested metal would have been better in the attic incase of a fire, the pipe couldn't be seen and PVC could be a problem. So I worked on a way to keep it open to the shop, but closed to the attic. First attempt failed badly. Took it all out and started over. Lost about 6 weeks of weekends in the process, but now have a pretty good handle on it. I've hit 2 weekends in a row here with dog shows, so will be another week before I can get serious about it again. But that's the way life goes! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim O'Dell
    Matt, only Dec of '05...tch, tch. I bought mine in April '05.
    Well geez, you are taking your sweet time. I'm hoping to have my done by Xmas but that's really not in the budget(time or money) as my wife has a long list this year.
    Matt

Yeah, Matt, I understand about both budget constraints. Mine's more the latter at this point, but the former creates a problem, too. I just wish I could get a straight answer from the power company on what it will cost per kwh to run this shop. All they will tell me is commercial rates. I'll save my money and bury a cable off the house meter if I have too. You'd think they would prefer to have the money for usage now at that rate rather than wait a year or so to start getting the same thing? Offshore CS just gets in the way of normal people trying to do normal things. Jim.