Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sometimes you must cry

Sometimes you must cry

My dog (Gregor) was hit by a car on Tuesday. I am working in California and my wife just couldnt tell me because of me being out of town and not wanting me to worry. He is hurt very badly and has been in a critical care animal hospital since Monday. He may or may not lose his left rear leg. He may or may not live I just hope that he will live. I will do whatever it takes to help our dog survive. He is a member of our family and will be cared for accordingly.

I am obviously very sad and just wanted to vent a little. My little girl is constantly asking my wife where Greggy is. My wife told me that our once 100 lb. German Shepard now weighs 75 lbs. If he survives he will need multiple skin grafts on his rear leg to replace all that was lost in the accident.

Sorry for such a bummer of a post.

I cant sleep and cannot do anything to help either as im stuck here for another week.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nick,
    Dog's are a part of our family so I can relate to how you feel. They give all of themselves and only ask that we feed em, give em a place to sleep and occasionaly scratch em behind the ear. I hope your friend gets well soon.

thank you so much

Wishing for the best for Gregor, you and your family. Vet medicine is pretty sophisticated these days, so hopefully they can save his leg (and him). I can fully relate to the dogs as family, since fuzzy kids are all LOML and I have.

Lets hope Gregor pulls through. I can't imagine how terrible it must feel to not be by his side. It sounds like he's in good hands though. Hang in there.
    Use the fence Luke

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Harley and I both send our best!
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Nick, it's sad to hear about this and I hope that Greggy pulls through. I'm sure that the doc and your family will do everything possible to that end. Hang in there!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Nick, sending prayers and some Irish Setter zen Gregor's way. Spend some time with him this weekend, just sit on the floor and rub his ears. That will transfer some strength to him, and will let him know that there is a reason to fight to get better. If the Vet says they prefer you not, remind him/her whose dog it is. Don't take no for an answer. (My wife sits in on surgery's, so they will let you if you are clear on your intentions.) Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Archie, Marlowe, and I are pulling for you, Gregor.
    Only the Blue Roads

Add Pepe and I to the list.

Also Lori, Al and Gracie too.

We also are among those who feel deeply towards our dogs, so I can understand your pain.

Best of luck to the dog and family.

Al

Add Lucky and I to the list.
    Aspire to inspire before you expire.

SMC is user supported. Please consider donating. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

Me and Callie and Codie as well.
    Making new friends on SMC each and every day

I'll be keeping you folks in my thoughts. (That includes Gregor)

Bruce
    "The great thing about Wood Turning is that all you have to do is remove what's not needed to have something beautiful. Nature does tha Hard work."

M.H. Woodturning, Etc.
    Peoria, Illinois 61554

Best of luck and I wish only good things for Gregor, you and your family.
    I lost my Bear, Golden ret., about 2 months ago, so I know your pain as do many others on this forum.
    Losing Bear was the saddest day of my life, my heart is broken, I'm not sure I will ever be the same.
    I hope your beautiful dog can recover.

Richard