Thread: Good Delta drill press for cheap

Good Delta drill press for cheap

I just noticed that Amazon have the Delta 17-965 3/4 Horsepower 16-1/2-Inch Floor Drill Press at $399.99, use the ALLTOOLS Amazon promotion code and get another $50 off which takes a bite out of the shipping charge of $99.00.

I have this drill press, and while it hasn't seen a lot of use (due to babies and building a workshop) I am not sorry to have paid top dollar for it a couple of years back. Pretty sure I paid around $700. It was a best over all in FWW 17 inch drill press review.

I don't know what drill presses are out now since I don't have a reason to be looking, but this is a decent machine with some useful features.
    Pete
    If it ain't broke, I didn't make it

Oy! So I check a little further and I see the Delta 17-968 3/4 Horsepower 16-1/2-Inch Variable Speed Drill Press for $549 with free shipping, so for a $100 more you get the (newer?) variable speed version.
    Pete

Double Oy! I forgot about the ALLTOOLS promotion code for another $50 off, so the variable speed is just $50 more.
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rowley
    I don't know what drill presses are out now since I don't have a reason to be looking, but this is a decent machine with some useful features.
    If you want to know what's new, then this thread should help you.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...ta+drill+press

I would think that when these new drill presses ( Delta, Jet, and Powermatic PM-2800 ) hit the market this winter, that prices on other drill presses may have to make an adjustment.