Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

19 Aug 2013

Good Morning Everyone,
    I find it hard to really believe that this is mid-August and it is 63 degrees here this morning.!!! We've been having some really nice and cool temps for the past week or so and boy has it been nice.!!!

Been working some more on the inside of the house. We still have a bit more to do but we aren't really working as hard on it as we should. It's really easy to get burned out on your own remodeling stuff. The good news now is that I finally got working parts for my home computer and it is alive once again. Good thing I had good backups of my stuff.

Well, that's it for me...so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

I did some woodworking!

Worked on a cutlist for the cabinets I'm doing Saturday morning while watching some of my backlog of woodworking shows on the DVR. Errands Saturday afternoon. Decided I should mow the lawn late Saturday, finishing up right about the point where it was starting to get dark. Got up Sunday and went out to the shop after breakfast and cut up 4 sheets of plywood into cabinet parts and got one assembled into a box for a rolling cabinet that goes next to mom's washing machine/dryer. Need to drill shelf pin holes in the appropriate pieces for 3 other boxes, then I can assemble those and start building face frames, doors, and end panels but ran out of time before heading over to have dinner with my dad (mom and LOMLjr flew to Minneapolis to visit my brother and his wife and left the rest of us home alone.)

I milled up stock for guitar picks.

P1.jpg
    DJO Furniture Maker / Timberwerks Studio

Blog Entries
    Jet lag... I got back late Saturday night. Spent Sunday reconnecting with my family. They feel a bit neglected due to my work schedule right now.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Peacock View Post

It's really easy to get burned out on your own remodeling stuff.
    I hear ya brother...

Also still stuck on house projects. Finished about 1/3 of the drywall repair and priming for paint in the garage. 11' ceilings - first time I've painted tall ceilings. Really sore in the shoulders and back today...
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Bought more clamps. Made some new clamp racks to hold my growing collection.
    Fred

7. Spent most of the weekend in the garage, putting up shelving to hold all of our business equipment, plus some extra space for storage for the upcoming garage sale. Can actually walk from the front to the back of the garage now..... well, OK..... not in a straight line..... but you can get there! ;-)