Thread: JET TS: blade/miter slots no longer parallel

Angry JET TS: blade/miter slots no longer parallel

Went to make a rare arbor-tilted angle cut and wondered why the back of the blade was touching the back of the insert. Duh! Upon further checking, determined the blade (front to back) was out of parallel with the miter slots by over .100" ! A litle worse than the factory new .0044". BTW, there's no runout in the arbor.

I have no idea how long it's been like this. May have happened when I moved it to a new base a couple months back. Nothing in the Jet mat'l addresses this issue, but it looks to be simply a matter of loosening/adjusting the trunnions. I'm thinking of loosening 3 bolts and pivoting it into adjustment. Guess I'll check the other adjustments as well. Any advice?

I routinely use a thin-kerf blade and wonder if the flex in it is was enough to allow ripped stock to come out the back a little closer to the desired width than a regular blade would have. Wow, imagine how much better the joints on my last few projects could have been!

Mike
    If you can't make it perfect, make it adjustable.

Yes it sounds like a trunion adjustment is due Mike. This would be a great time to add a set of PALs. They will help you adjust it and then lock the adjustment in. From there on out, the adjustment is pretty much a snap.

Corey

Oh, yeah, I had forgotten about those. Thanks, I just ordered one.

Mike

Mike,

Review this article. It was wriiten for Delta Contractor's Saw but also applies to Jet counterpart. Their trunions use the same design.

Pay attention to making sure the tie-bars are in parallel. It is a source of much frustration.

Thanks, Hoa,

I wondered about how those bars were supposed to set and adjusted, but hadn't seen any info on them yet. You saved me a lot of reading and "Google" time!

Mike
    If you can't make it perfect, make it adjustable.