Yep, looks like I might just go this route.

I did a search here, and found next to nothing, thus, I'm asking for some links.

I have a MIG, and I know how to use it, I figure I can make a welded steel frame, if I use some pillow blocks and shafts, plus some wheels made from MDF.............. Why not?

I mean really, would it be that hard?

The frame seems straight forward enough, make it similar to the one on Big Blue.........

Or something similar...

The shafts and pillow blocks could be bought......

with a shaft for the wheel on the bottom (drive wheel) and pulley to a motor........

I think the most difficult part would be the tensioner and the tracking unit on top.........?

Covers for the wheels, and blade guides, as well as the table and trunnion I figure I could fabricate that, but I need ideas for the tensioner etc.

I'd make sure the length of the blades are the standard of the 14" saws.

I'm confident I can make such a tool for WAY less than the money it would cost me here............

Delta 28-206
94,500 yen to me ($860 plus shipping!!)]

The steel won't cost me much, the pillow blocks are not that much, the shaft can't be that much, and I can get a good used motor for less than $100..............

Any pics and or websites you can point me to or some other ideas would be great.

Cheers!