Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Homemade or Shop Built Bandsaw....?

Old Ad

Hey Stu,

Here's one of their old ad's.

Regards

Randy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gilliom Bandsaw

Stu,

Here are some pics of a Gilliom 18" bandsaw that I have. It was given to me - I didn't build it. I only painted it white because it was an ugly dark red when I got it. The guy had the original plans and everything. I had inquired about them previously and they sent me their catalog. It works ok but the tires on mine need to be replaced and it vibrates some. I never got around to replacing them and now I have a different bandsaw. Too bad you are so far away or I'd practically give it to you. Going with a steel frame is probably better for keeping tension, but this saw does work pretty good. Maybe the pics will give you some ideas. All the metal parts are from the Gilliom Kit.

John

3. Thanks for taking the time to shoot the pics John, I really appreciate that.

I'm going to be looking hard at this option, as it may get me what I want for the price I'm willing to pay.

Cheers!

If anyone can do I know you can Stu.
    Can't wait to see the end result.
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.

5. Thanks John, we shall see!

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by John Guerra
    Here are some pics of a Gilliom 18" bandsaw that I have. It was given to me - I didn't build it. I only painted it white because it was an ugly dark red when I got it. The guy had the original plans and everything. I had inquired about them previously and they sent me their catalog. It works ok but the tires on mine need to be replaced and it vibrates some. I never got around to replacing them and now I have a different bandsaw. Too bad you are so far away or I'd practically give it to you.
    Well then.. John doesn't want it, and Stu does.

So Stu - buy it from John, note the "practically give" offer he made? Then have him strip off the important bits (wheels, top tension, table trunions, etc) and ship just those bits to yah along with those all-important plans.

Then you can fab up a steel frame, mount the wheels, find yourself a local motor, and Bob's yer uncle.

Tada.
    ...art

(for my next trick ... )

7. Quote Originally Posted by Art Mulder
    Well then.. John doesn't want it, and Stu does.

So Stu - buy it from John, note the "practically give" offer he made? Then have him strip off the important bits (wheels, top tension, table trunions, etc) and ship just those bits to yah along with those all-important plans.

Then you can fab up a steel frame, mount the wheels, find yourself a local motor, and Bob's yer uncle.

Tada.
    ...art

(for my next trick ... )
    Sure I would be interested in a deal like that, but what you suggest, is a fair amount of work for Bob, he'd have to tear that thing apart and then he would have to get rid of the mess etc. I'd not ask him to do that for next to nothing, no way. I'd rather buy the parts new, and have Bob give, or practically give the saw, as a functioning unit, to some up and coming guy who needs/wants a BS, but has limited funds, you know, some young married guy who would really benefit from it.

Cheers!