Thread: Severe Weather Warnings In Our Area Today

Severe Weather Warnings In Our Area Today

The Eastern half of Virginia is experiencing severe weather today. The amount of rain we are receiving increases the possibility of trees weakening and falling on power lines. Rainy weather is expected to continue for the next three days, localized flooding is already causing problems in our area. This is a classic Nor-Easter that often can be as devastating as a full blown hurricane.

Don't be surprised if The Creek goes offline. We have an emergency generator but the loss of our Internet Connection would prevent us from getting back online until the storm passes and our utilities have been restored.

I have my fingers crossed for what its worth but Mother Nature is in charge.

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    Batten Down The Hatches Buddy !!!!
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

Hopefully it will blow over with no damage

I hope everyone notices that Keith is posting this on a Friday! I think he and Jackie just want to go on vacation for a few days.

Just teasin' Keith. Hope you folks over there get through it okay. Wasn't there just some similar trouble a couple of weeks ago? Try to keep dry.
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

5. We have two typhoons off the coast here in Japan, they have dumped about 12" of rain on us today!

No need to worry about any trees coming down around here, I cut the all down

Take care Keith, hope you get through it OK.

Cheers!

Everybody stay safe, and send us some of that rain!! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.