Thread: Tile Coaster Frames

1. Tile Coaster Frames

Hi everyone,
    I was wondering if someone could help me locate a supplier or a person willing to make the wood surround for coasters? I purchased a few boxes of 4.25 inch cermark white tiles that I would like to insert into wood coaster frames. I see a few websites that offer the tiles and trivets all together, but find their prices rather high especially when I add on cost for resell.I would be more interested in the coaster rather than the actual container to store them in ( trivet ). Anyone care to give me a rough price? Most people here in San Diego that I have spoken with make furniture.

2. Tile

Hi Tom
    There is a company called aftosa that supplies the type of products you are looking for. aftosa.com

Hope this helps
    Michael
    Last edited by Michael McCullock; 10-09-2006 at 9:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Cullen
    Hi everyone,
    I was wondering if someone could help me locate a supplier or a person willing to make the wood surround for coasters? I purchased a few boxes of 4.25 inch cermark white tiles that I would like to insert into wood coaster frames. I see a few websites that offer the tiles and trivets all together, but find their prices rather high especially when I add on cost for resell.I would be more interested in the coaster rather than the actual container to store them in ( trivet ). Anyone care to give me a rough price? Most people here in San Diego that I have spoken with make furniture.

Tom,

David and I might be willing to make the surrounds, but the price will all depend on what wood you want for them. We have a relatively large supply of red oak that we could "sacrifice" for the right price. We make furniture, but we also do smaller stuff and could probably help you out. Why don't you PM me and we can discuss.

Nancy
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php