Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let's think about this place for a bit

My sympathies Jay.......The only thing I cherish more than my family are my friends! Thanks for the reminder.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Well said Jay , I think we've all probably been down that road .. I know I have .. Makes ya walk at the Foot of the Cross for a spell .. Really puts things in proper perspective ...
    All the best to your friend ..
    keep us informed

I think sometimes it takes a death or near death experience, to realize that maybe what we thought was so important, maybe isn't quite as important as we thought.

Coming out of surgery and finding myself paralyzed completely on the left side and facing a long rehab was the end of the world for me, until one of the Doctors mentioned that they gave me less than a 2% chance of coming out at all.
    Kinda makes a whole lot of other things not quite so important, and I try to remember that when ever I get upset over something...doesn't always work though..
    Just a thought.

Good post Jay, thanks and my condolences for your friend.

Al

Jay,
    Thank you for saying what you said!!!

I too have found the argumentative stuff to be nonsensical and have wondered why people waste time like that. Life's too short to spend it all in a wad, over something that in the grand scheme doesn't matter one hoot.

I'm sorry to hear of your friend. I got some bad news this week as well. The wife of a dear friend has been diagnosed with cancer. Really makes one re-think what's important.

Mark

Very well said, Jay!!! Teaches us all perspective!!
    Jerry

As many of you have said, perspective. That says a lot. Change what you can, don't worry about the rest.

About 4 weeks ago, a good friend of mine stopped by and told me he had been diagnosed with prostate cancer on his 57th birthday. The surgery went well and he is recovering.

When he told me he had cancer I could not have been more shocked if I received that diagnoses. I'll be 65 in December - thinking about perspective.

Thanks Jay, there are times when we need someone to remind us of perspective and priorities in our life.

Larry