Thread: Forum View Cached (Resolved)

Question Forum View Cached (Resolved)

Yesterday, some of threads that I had seen listed seemed to disappear from the list. I was confused but carried on and found a couple of them by listing the threads submitted by the appropriate members.

This morning the problem still seems to persist and I can pinpoint the problem that I am having more exactly. When looking at the list of threads in a forum and I move from the first page to the second, there is a discontinuity. The non-anchored threads on the second page were last responded to a couple of days ago and more recently responded to threads seem to have disappeared from the list.

Are others having a similar problem? If not, can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong?

Frank,

Try switching your viewing mode--at least temporarily.
    You currently have it set to "Linear - Oldest first", and see if you still have the problem.

Also, try viewing the "Printable" version under "Thread Tools" and see if the posts still don't display.
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Koehl
    Frank,

Try switching your viewing mode--at least temporarily.
    You currently have it set to "Linear - Oldest first", and see if you still have the problem.
    I tried changing this yesterday but it made no difference.

Also, try viewing the "Printable" version under "Thread Tools" and see if the posts still don't display.
    Aaron It's the threads not the posts that are not displaying for me.
    For example for the last two days, no matter what I do the thread http://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=43797,
    always appears as the first non-pegged thread on the second page in the list of threads in the General Tools and Woodworking forum.

Random data point: I just scanned for the thread Frank refers to...it showed up on page 4 of the 'General' list, where it should be chronologically (last updated 10/7). So whatever is going on with Frank, it's not global.

That said, I have no idea what user setting could affect that. (E.g. there is no setting for threads-per-page like there is for posts-per-page.)
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Perhaps your forum view is cached somewhere... try emptying your cache and see if that fixes it.
    _Aaron_

Perhaps your forum view is cached somewhere... try emptying your cache and see if that fixes it.
    Thanks Aaron, that was it. I am embarassed for not knowing that myself. I appologize for bothering folks with this problem. Lee, thanks for checking and letting us know that it was not a general problem.

No problem.. it happens from time to time.
    _Aaron_