Thread: How to use SMC features??

How to use SMC features??

Is there a way to mark threads that you would like to watch. Sometimes I read threads and want to follow up to read what others have added. I find myself trying to search for the thread and many times I forget all the threads that I like.

I don't visit daily, so sometimes the thread falls back a ways and has good new comments. Did a miss a feature of SMS?

Thanks, Justin

If you Suscribe to a thread you'll get an email message when others have added posts to it. Hit the Thread Tools button, then suscribe. If you've added a post to the thread you'll automatically be suscribed unless you've got that feature turned off in your User CP (Control Panel). Is that what you were after?
    Use the fence Luke

Justin,

Doug has you headed in the correct direction. By subscribing to a thread you are interested in, you will get an email when that particular thread is updated. Just make sure you don't have that feature turned off in your user profile settings.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Doug & Dennis - You've explained it. My profile had be defaulted to "No Subscriptions". I updated that now.

Thanks, Justin

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Dreier
    Is there a way to mark threads that you would like to watch. Sometimes I read threads and want to follow up to read what others have added. I find myself trying to search for the thread and many times I forget all the threads that I like.

I don't visit daily, so sometimes the thread falls back a ways and has good new comments. Did a miss a feature of SMS?

Thanks, Justin
    Justin, another feature you may find helpful is "Today's Posts." For a quick summary of recent posts on all forums, click on "Quick Links" at the top of the SMC page and select "Today's Posts" on the drop down menu. Fast way to see latest posts on all SMC forums without switching forums.

Larry