Thread: Where's Jim?

Question Where's Jim?

I know I haven't been around much lately, but I HAVE noticed a conspicuous lack of postings by our own Jim Ketron. Did he win the lottery and go on a world tour? Where you at, Jimmy?? I want to venture into hollow forms soon, and I could use looking at some of his works for inspiration.
    Ed

Ed I was going to ask the same question. I figured with his nice HF's he probably got rich and famous. Doesn't have time to post anymore. Haven't seen a post from him since about the end of August. Really do miss his posts and expertise here. I was going to do some more NE's and HF's. Was hoping he would be here for some help.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

3. Me too, in fact I've noticed there are a number of other members not around much right now.

I hope to see one and all of them back here in the very near future, and Jim is on that list for sure!

Cheers!

What....???? I'm still here. Do I still count?

I believe that Jim is working on turning stuff and just taking a break from online chat for a while. Maybe he'll jump in here and yack at us a bit.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Peacock
    What....???? I'm still here. Do I still count?
    Huh........??

What....? Oh yeah, I think I remember you.....

Sure you are still here, so am I, but I do notice others missing. I sure hope they are all just getting ready for a productive winter in their workshops!

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Peacock
    I believe that Jim is working on turning stuff and just taking a break from online chat for a while. Maybe he'll jump in here and yack at us a bit.
    Hope you are right!!

Cheers!

I agree Stu. There are a lot of others missing. A bunch that don't post much it seems like at least for the last month or so. Like you say hopefully getting ready for winter craft fairs, etc.
    Bernie

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Hey Guys!
    I still pop in from time to time, Just had to take a break from the forums for a while, to keep my sanity! Plus I have been getting ready for a show that is coming up next weekend Oct 21-22 I have a lot of pics to take of some of the turnings that I have been working on. I will try to get some up this week.
    Have Chainsaw- Will Travel

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ketron
    Hey Guys!
    I still pop in from time to time, Just had to take a break from the forums for a while, to keep my sanity! Plus I have been getting ready for a show that is coming up next weekend Oct 21-22 I have a lot of pics to take of some of the turnings that I have been working on. I will try to get some up this week.
    Good to hear from you, Jim. Can't wait to see the turnings!
    Ed

Hey Jim great to hear from you. Can't wait to see pictures myself.
    Bernie

See!!! I told you he'd show up.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Funny. I was wondering the same thing. I miss all the nice posts.
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.

Good to hear from you Jim. I've been missing your posts too. I look forward to seeing more neat creations from you soon!

In the infamous words of Dr. Frankenstein: "It's ali-i-i-i-ive!" Good hearing from you, Jim! Lookin' forward to the pics of your latest work!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!