Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old Rebel Workshop FreeStuff Winner! Oct 31, 2003

Old Rebel Workshop FreeStuff Winner Oct 31, 2003

Congratulations to Noah Alkinburgh. Noah has won Kens Salisbury's pen makers kit and has untill midnight Friday November 7th 2003 to post a message here and claim his prize. Thanks again to "The Old Rebel Workshop" for donating this great prize. Our first winner Glenn Clabo declined the prize, see his post below.

Old Rebel Workshop

Ken Salisbury has donated a pen maker's starter kit as our next FreeStuff Drawing scheduled for "All Hallows Eve" October 31, 2003.

Kens kit includes the following;

Mandrel Arbor (either #1MT or #2MT whichever fits winner's lathe).
    Mandrel Shaft (7mm)
    5 Slimline Pen Kits
    Slimline Bushings Set
    7mm parabolic flute drill bit
    5 exotic wood pen blanks
    Retail Value $58.00
    Free shipping (USA only)

Ken has also offered a free one- on- one pen turning lesson that will be included if the winner picks the prize up at the Old Rebel Workshop.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ken Salisbury; 10-22-2003 at 7:17 PM. Reason: Added 2 items to prize package

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten
    Old Rebel Workshop

Ken Salisbury has donated a pen maker's starter kit as our next FreeStuff Drawing scheduled for "All Hallows Eve" October 31, 2003.

Kens kit includes the following;

Mandrel Arbor (either #1MT or #2MT whichever fits winner's lathe).
    Mandrel Shaft (7mm)
    5 Slimline Pen Kits
    Slimline Bushings Set
    7mm parabolic flute drill bit
    5 exotic wood pen blanks
    Retail Value $58.00
    Free shippng (USA only)

Ken has also offered a free one- on- one pen turning lesson that will be included if the winner picks the prize up at the Old Rebel Workshop.
    Does the on-site training include beverages?

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Roxberg
    Does the on-site training include beverages?
    Absolutely ! ! !
    But only after the lesson is over
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

Talking

Well then,
    Since I love beverages and turning Pens

PICK ME, PICK ME !!!!!
    LOL

julie

Paul Wood Guest

Cool

Ken Hope that includes airfare from Canada return plus hotel accommodation
    :-]

Talking

You know if you pick me it will force me to finally go out and buy a lathe. Twist my arm PLEASE just not to hard

Dave Dionne

Wink Big Little Problem

If I win, will I be able to use the thing on a Stubby 1000? See 'cause I've been concentrating of 20" diameters and over, and now I'd have to start thinking 1/2" and less on a 3hp 850lb machine.

Am I gonna have to buy a another lathe if I get lucky?

I guess some congrats are in order now, huh, Glenn? And, now I will finally have to break down and order some penmaking stuff from Ken at:

www.oldrebelworkshop.com/starterkits.htm
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Unhappy Booo Hoooo

Dag Nab it, now I don't have an accuse to go to Huntsville to meet Ken and get a free one day lesson. Oh well better luck next time.

Congrats Glenn

This is pretty funny...I just sent some old pen kit parts to Ken so he could use them. I really don't like making them...so if you'd like to do a redraw...it's fine with me.

I will take the old guy up on a visit next time I'm down in that part of the country though.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Clabo
    This is pretty funny...I just sent some old pen kit parts to Ken so he could use them. I really don't like making them...so if you'd like to do a redraw...it's fine with me.

I will take the old guy up on a visit next time I'm down in that part of the country though.
    This is really funny ---- Someone gives me something and I turn right around and try to give him a like thing right back..

KEITH -- We need to redraw - Sure hope Scott Greeves doesn't win this time .

Glenn -- please do plan a visit. We can have some BL and laugh about this one ! ! !
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Second Drawing for FreeStuff Winner

Ken,

The luck of the second draw goes to Noah Alkinburgh, I know Noah turns pens, your the one who got him hooked I have edited the main post to reflect the new winner and thanks to Glenn for being a good sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Salisbury
    This is really funny ---- Someone gives me something and I turn right around and try to give him a like thing right back..

KEITH -- We need to redraw - Sure hope Scott Greeves doesn't win this time .

Talking I don't believe it

Hey Ken I need to modify my pen order !!!!

This is fantastic. Thanks so much Ken and Keith.

I don't know where my manners are. Thank you for being such a gentleman Glen and passing. That was a big thing to do and a lucky break for me

Noah
    Last edited by Noah Alkinburgh; 11-01-2003 at 8:49 PM.
    To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; to leave the world a little better; wheter by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easeir because you have lived. This is the meaning of success.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Noah Alkinburgh
    I don't know where my manners are. Thank you for being such a gentleman Glen and passing. That was a big thing to do and a lucky break for me
    Noah
    Enjoy Noah...if I didn't know better I'd think the old rebel fixed the first draw...just for a good laugh.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Congratulations Noah

Congratulations Noah !!