Thread: Bosch 1677md worm drive saw. Any experience?

Bosch 1677md worm drive saw. Any experience?

Hello guys,

I am thinking of purchasing a bosch 1677md worm drive saw. It is the model with the direct connect cord system. I am just wondering if anyone has experience with and whether or not the saw is worth buying versus it's brother the skil HD77. I know the true quality of the skil saw and have realized that the bosch is the skil essntially but with some vamped up features. It has got two more amps of power as well as a magnesium foot and body, saw hook and the direct connect feature that looks pretty ingenius. Basically the guts are the same as the skil. Anyone got one or have used one? I am looking for reviews or opinions on this before I take the plunge. I realize the skil is probably considered the best worm drive on the planet by most as well. Thanks for any help.

Kevin

I own that saw Kevin. It's one of my 5 wormdrive saws. I like it very much. It's weight and other features have made it my favorite wormdrive. I like that the hook is included and made part of the saw. It has a very nice feel to it when it's in my hand.

Someone in a post awhile ago mentioned that if the factory female end of your cord went bad that you couldn't use a replacement end because it wouldn't fit. This isn't true. There is a spring steel insert that grips the cord end that you can remove to accept just about any end that you have on your cord.

I, for one, would recomend it to you with no reseervations. You should be able to get it on sale for a real good price.

hth
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

Thanks for the input Mark,

If I may ask, what did you pay for this saw? I am in Canada and am trying to decide if it would be wise to drive across the border to pick it up andbring it back. I have done this on a few things and it has worked out in the past. You said that I should be able to get a good deal on this saw when it is on sale. Do you know where whether it be amazon or ebay or whatever. I ahve also thought about buying a refurbished one but kinda cringe thinking about it.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Kevin

I paid $189 for it (less a $25 discount), the same price at Amazon right now. Coincidentally, there is an extra $25 discount going on right now bringing the price down to a juicy $164. A very good price IMO. Actually, not knocking the tool in any way, $164 is a more realistic price for the saw. I think any more than that is overpriced.

According to toolseeker.com the $189 price tag looks to be the lowest price at the moment but, again, that doesn't include Amazons $25 discount.

I don't usually have any trouble buying refurbed. CPO Bosch has the saw for $145 with a flat rate shipping of $8 for a total of $153 ($152.90 actually). I'm not sure if they ship to Canada however.

hth
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.