Thread: computer won't 'remember' login

computer won't 'remember' login

2 weeks ago, I cleared out my cookies, temp. files and history, just to clean things up. In doing so, I lost the ability to have the computer remember my login name and password, even though I've got the little box 'checked' when I enter the information. The first time this happened, I went back to make sure I had cleared all the 'SawmillCreek' cookies out, which I had, but still can't get this to work. Any thoughts?
    Thanks for any help offered - this is frustrating to have to input the info each time I drop by.

Phil

Philip, do you also have your browser set to accept cookies? If it is set to reject all cookies without asking, that could be part of the problem.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

thank you for the suggestion, but no go

Jason - thank you for the suggestion. I tried it, but it still doesn't work. Re-set browser to always accept cookies from SMC, but it still doesn't work (closed browser and re-started after making the change).
    Still searching for a solution !!!

Phil

Not sure what version you are on.

Try Tool, Internet Options, Privacy, Set your preference as to level and add Sawmill creek to Web Sites {EDIT} add sawmillcreek.org this will allow sawmill creek cookies and allow you to set your security higher.

next: To adjust AutoComplete settings

You can configure AutoComplete to save and suggest only the information you want. You can choose whether to use AutoComplete for Web addresses, forms, and passwords, or not use it all. You can also clear the history for any of these.

In Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    Click the Content tab.
    Under Personal information, click AutoComplete.
    Select the check boxes for the AutoComplete options you want to use.