Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Narnia Wardrobe

Robert, the fine print indicates the photo is of the original and not the "replica" prize version. I would bet the original is more than 7'5" tall.

Where to start

Are you serious about wanting to build this? What tools and experience do you have and why do you want to spend this much time and this much money on this piece?
    Shaz

It is a shame you never answered, I could have helped you build that piece, but alas, it is too late.
    Shaz

The Narnia Wardrobe

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Yes, the dimentions posted on the Disney website are misleading. It can't be 6"8"x7"5"! Maybe 3"8" wide??

I had the idea that if I could get good photos of the drawings, that it would be fairly easy to reproduce the carvings using a CarveWright System. http://www.carvewright.com/ What a great excuse to buy a new tool!

I have done some preliminary drawings of the wardrobe however I have put the project on hold until my new shop gets built which I am getting bids for now.

Gary Salisbury
    San Diego, CA
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Damien Falgoust View Post
    Better view of the front carvings:

Also, apparently there is a The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe game that uses the wardrobe as its interface (scroll down in that article). That may give you a better look at the carvings.
    Your file, a better view of the front carvings is missing from your reply. Could you please repost or send directly to me at gds@san.rr.com?

Thanks,
    Gary Salisbury
    San Diego, CA