Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: finally finished my Shepherd Smoother

As Usual - A Masterful Job Dave!

It looks miles ahead of my first plane (Ben... stop laughing).

Oh yeah, Ed... The next Neander Meander will be a whole new game. One idea we are toying with is a lodge up on Lake Joseph at the time of the Port Carling Boat Show (Mahoghany multi-cockpit launches), a tour of Duke Boat Works, tool building, boating and fishing. We really want this to be a "spouses-are-dying-to-go" event. If you kow this area of the Muskoka's, then ytou know it will be something else.

Cheers,

Doug

Hi Dave,

Have you had a chnce yet to give us a truthful opinion of that new smoother? I recentlt fought off the urge to get a L-N 4 1/2 at the Philly Woodworks show.....just in case I changed my mind and wanted to get a Shepherd. I readily admit that my Primus and Bailey 3 work fine, so I don't really need one...but what the hell....variety is the spice of life

Mike

Hi Mike

I haven't really tested my Shepherd smoother other than the initial bit on the poplar and mahogany I reported on earlier. I've been tied up laying a hardwood floor over the complete first floor of the house. So far I have 5 days worth of ripping out carpet, padding, and tack strips and putting down the floor. I am sore in places I'd forgotten I had. The job should be finished this weekend and then the house can get back to normal after all the furniture is moved back into place. I also have to make a bunch of dump runs to get rid of all the demolition junk.

With a little bit of luck I might get some time to do some full plane testing and start on a shop project in a couple of weeks. This flooriing deal has earned me enormous credits with SWMBO which I will redeem in the future.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH