Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rockler coupon and Woodcraft?

Rockler coupon and Woodcraft?

Does anyone know if Woodcraft honors other WWing stores coupons? I got the 20% off coupon in my email but the nearest store is 80+ minutes away. My closest Woodcraft is still a drive but it is much closer.

Anyone know if Woodcraft will take the Rockler coupon?

Thanks.
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

I would call your local Woodcraft and ask them. Each store manager might have some leaway at his store. Maybe OK at one store, not at another.

They have done it in the past for me.

The best way is call them and find out.

But if you are talking about the Woodcraft store in Dublin, based on my experience, there is a good chance the answer is no.

They are nice people, but creative they are not!

I'm an independent store, not a Woodcraft, but I honor other store's coupons. I'm the same distance from you as Rockler so not much help, but it can't hurt to call Woodcraft and ask.

Hey Craig,

I'm glad to see you here. I don't live or work near your store (live in Union City, work in Alamera) but I drop by whenever I have a chance to be in the neighborhood.

Once I sent my boss over there (he's not a woodworker, but needed some teak for his boat). He's still raving about your nice service.

Our local Woodcraft typically does not honor coupons or advertised prices from competitors, but it never hurts to ask.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

That would likely be a local decision as virtually all Woodcraft stores are franchise operations and the local owner has the skin in the game relative to honoring coupons from competitors. It would also likely need to be a competitor that has a local brick-and-mortar presence.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I would ask 'em, particularly if you know what you are going to buy and the cost.

I know the staff at my local WW stores. They know what the other stores have, and probably get the same flyers. Sometimes they will match, particularly if it is close to the end of their month and they need some large item sales.

Blog Entries
    I was asking the reverse question of Rockler. They stated it would be at the store manager's discretion. My local Rockler said no. When I lived in Folsom, the local Woodcraft said yes to the Rockler coupons if the items were identical.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Does anyone one have any codes for woodcraft?

Right now is not the best time for getting deals unless it's a close-out or liquidation product.

Woodcraft had a 10% coupon a couple weeks ago, but then shipping wasn't free if bought online so it wasn't much of a savings.

Then if it's free shipping deal going on, then the have no 10% off.

I think a lot of smaller woodworking stores have got to be hurting as badly as the local contractors...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Tsutsui View Post
    I think a lot of smaller woodworking stores have got to be hurting as badly as the local contractors...
    Yes, we recently lost The Cutting Edge,a good one here in Houston, after Woodcraft opened its second location right across the freeway from them. Thought it was a little chicken-**** as Houston is a big city and there were plenty of other places for Woodcraft to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rios View Post
    Does anyone know if Woodcraft honors other WWing stores coupons? I got the 20% off coupon in my email but the nearest store is 80+ minutes away. My closest Woodcraft is still a drive but it is much closer.

Anyone know if Woodcraft will take the Rockler coupon?

Thanks.
    If there is no Rockler near you, why should they take the coupon? Just for fun? If you won't drive 80 minutes, why should they help you out? Business is business.
    Cheers,
    Bob

I measure three times and still mess it up.

Certainly not in Salt Lake City

Heck, the local Woodcraft won't even honor prices and coupons from Woodcraft.com!