Thread: Easiest car wax?

Easiest car wax?

I need to wax my relatively new car (6 months old) and I'd really like to avoid the elbow grease and time required to do the turtle wax thing or its equivalent. Any new (or old) product that cuts waaaay down on the time and energy required for the job? (I'm getting somewhat lazy in my old age.) TIA
    Tony

Tony, being somewhat Anal about a clean ride, I would suggest one of the spray on, wipe off type waxes for your vehicle. Turtle Wax makes good wax, as does McGuires and Mothers. They come in a pump sprayer, and I just wash, dry, and spray on, rub it in as the label recommends, and then buff it off with Cheese Cloth. It takes just minutes, and I think it offers similar protection as the Waxes that require major weight loss to apply and remove. This process, of course, is in addition to the Semi-Annual Clay Bar process and Clear Coat Sealant, which DOES require elbow grease and weight loss. But, those process's are an entirely different thing other than waxing a Vehicle. (My Best Friend is a Body Technician, and I learned all the "Hard" ways to protect your vehicle finish from him................but it works well, it just depends on how hard you want to work to achieve that "Showcase Shine"!)

Tony,

This may make you mad. Before you do anything wax wise on that car seriously consider claying it first.
    I use the claymagic and any wax. (clay will take out the railroad dust and other crap out of the paint before it gets sealed in with the wax) It is the best thing I have found for a cars finish. Then again you may not want to go to that much trouble. Your car will love you for it though.

Bruce

In everyones opinion is it really necessary to wax a car finished with clearcoat? I have had some tell it should be waxed and to use a non cutting wax likes Mothers California Gold, and others say it is not necessary.

Charles, some Auto Salespeople will tell you that the Clear Coat finishes need not be waxed..........but that is basically just a "Maintenance Free" selling point in my opinion. You don't want to use an abrasive wax on clear coat finishes............just a polish/wax product. I think anything to protect the paint from Bird Droppings, Bugs and other everyday contaminants is a GOOD thing.

I use AutoMagic BC2. It is pink, can be found at most detail shops, and is VERY easy to apply/take off. I got hooked on this stuff back when I worked at a Ford dealership in the detail shop. Great product. You're AutoMagic dealer may even give you a free sample! As Bruce said, the claybar system really works great! You wont believe all the crap that thing will remove that you might not have even known was there. We used to use that at the dealership too, for removing overspray after a car was repaired. As a close second for the wax, Meguiar's #26 is very hard to beat. But, this stuff is pretty hard to remove, and it is fairly thick. Smells like bananas too! Best of luck with whatever you choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Sade
    I need to wax my relatively new car (6 months old) and I'd really like to avoid the elbow grease and time required to do the turtle wax thing or its equivalent. Any new (or old) product that cuts waaaay down on the time and energy required for the job? (I'm getting somewhat lazy in my old age.) TIA
    Assuming your married, teach you wife how to do it. Can't get any easier than that.
    Rich
    ALASKANS FOR GLOBAL WARMING

Eagle River Alaska