Thread: newman 600 planer restore

Wink newman 600 planer restore

I am restoring a newman 600 24" planer and am having trouble getting the cutterhead out of the bearnings. This is a direct drive motor with the motor housing and the bearnings for the cutterhead are part of a solid mold that sits on top of the table. I would like to replace the bearings for the cutterhead if I can get it out and I do not want to take a chance on breaking anything. there has got to be a way that I am not seeing.
    Thanks Dan

Dan, if you go to www.oldwwmachines.com , there is a link to The Newman Machine Co. on the left of the opening page. You might be able to find some info there.
    Larry, AKA Uncle Fester

Sounds like a great project! I have a Newman 248 that I recently acquired that I want to clean up as well. Newman is still in business in Greensboro, NC. I contacted them and they were able to provide a manual for my machine, as well as tell me the original manufacture date. If you don't have a manual, it may have the info you need. Mine has good exploded parts diagrams. Some one there may also be able to help with technical questions on disassembly. I know they offer rehab services for used machinery, dissassembly, bearing replacement, repainting, etc. There is a link to their site on the OWWM website. Good luck!