Thread: Jet Micro Glide fence

Jet Micro Glide fence

Well, what a piece of junk this "Micro Glide" is. Love the saw, hate the fence. Dang thing never stays on the track and the handle broke causing me to make an impromptu wooden dowel replacement. So...new fence time.

Any suggestions? Yes, I know they can be expensive, and that is a concern. Yet I also know that a good one will last a long time and make life easier.

Oh, and I will have my first gloat pic shortly. Bought a 1974 Sears RAS that came with three carbide blades and an 8" dado set. $90. Wow.

Be well all!
    Christ! Seven years of college, down the drain! John Belushi

Amazon had a really good deal on the Vega Utility fence a few weeks ago. I got the 26" version for a final price of about $145. Installation and alignment (on a Jet contractor's saw) was easy, it's very solidly built, the cursor is easy to read, and the microadjust works well. I haven't had a chance to use it much yet, but I'm pleased to far. The price is back up ($213 - $25 promotion), but I still think it's a great fence for a very fair price.

I've gotta agree with Kent about the Vega being a terrific value. It's got a nice microadjustment mechanism too.

The Biesemeyer is a great fence but is pricey....you might consider the Shop Fox Aluma Classic from Grizzly for ~ $20 plus s/h.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....