Thread: Delta X5 Unisaw

Delta X5 Unisaw

Is $1550 (after a $100 rebate) a good price for a Delta X5 3HP left tilt saw with a 50" Biese fence shipped to your door?

I'm currently pretty happy with my Craftsman 22124, but, have always wanted a Unisaw.

Mike, I don't know what the X5 is but I bought my Unisaw 10 years ago for over $1,700.

Gary K.

Mike, I bought the exact same saw a few years ago (4 maybe) and I recall it being $1,890 and they were throwing in a "bonus tool". I chose the router (690LR) which I sold for $110 so mine cost me $1,780.

Same here. I paid $1,700 at Woodcraft in Louisville, KY with the "once a year 10% Delta discount" about 6 years ago.

Mine's not an X-5, but I don't believe that they have taken anything away from the machine. In fact, the pictures show that the motor housing is moved to the other side and that would be helpful for putting my router into the larger table on the right.

I had a Craftsman as well but did not feel quite as charitable towards it as you do yours...LOL...

Make the move to a big cabinet saw and you'll NEVER regret it. I was shocked that I could cut 2.5" Ash and the saw never even vibrated or complained. I could stop my Craftsman with 2" material at will.

Good luck!
    <DT class=quote>Brad K.</DT>

<DT class=quote>Old Higbee Mill

<DT class=quote>____________________________
    If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything!
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

</DT>

Thanks for the help. I hate it when you only have a few days to make, at least to me, a big decision.

I probably really want a new Uni but are there any advantages of a 20+ year old Uni for 1/2 the price of a new one?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Goetzke
    Thanks for the help. I hate it when you only have a few days to make, at least to me, a big decision.

I probably really want a new Uni but are there any advantages of a 20+
    year old Uni for 1/2 the price of a new one?
    If the 20+ year Unisaw is in good contition, then the only advantage is that it is half the price of a new saw. I have 4 Unisaws ranging in age from 8 to 64 years. The 64 year old saw cuts just as good as the 8 year old saw.

Mike: Do it. Don't look back. You will not regret the upgrade, the price sounds pretty fair for a unisaw. The only reason not to is if it will take food off the table for your family. If the latter is the case, consider Grizzly 1023 family of cabinet saws. Also, take a look at the comparable Jet, as it was a toss-up for me, Jet versus Unisaw. RN

I got my X5 Unisaw from Timberline Tools for $1435 (after rebates) delivered to my door last spring. I was very happy with that price, so $1550 aint bad either.

When Your New X5 Arrives...

I bought that saw last November from Hartville tool for $1689 with a $100 off rebate it came to $1589. I've never regretted spending the money for this bad boy. I needed customer service as they gave me two left extension tables, and they shiped out the correct one ASAP. Great saw. Great customer service. Oh, remember to slap a Forrest WWII on and you'll be in saw'n heav'n.
    Trees. Tools. Time.

Where did you find it for that price?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Goetzke
    Is $1550 (after a $100 rebate) a good price for a Delta X5 3HP left tilt saw with a 50" Biese fence shipped to your door?

I'm currently pretty happy with my Craftsman 22124, but, have always wanted a Unisaw.
    Check out Redmond and Sons in Atlanta, they are selling some Factory Refurbs for $1,099. Even with shipping you'd be money ahead.

I wouldn't worry about the warranty, just check it well if you buy one.

Delta
    36-L31X-BC50R
    (Factory Reconditioned)
    3 HP Left Tilt Unisaw with Biesemeyer Fence

$1,099.00

Delta Model 36-L31X-BC50 3 HP Left Tilt Unisaw with Biesemeyer Fence includes left tilt 3 HP, single phase 230V, TEFC motor with full voltage motor starter (GPE); 50" Biesemeyer commercial fence system, carbide-tipped 50 tooth ATB&R saw blade, right extension table, adjustable steel support legs, two 10" cast-iron extension wings, standard insert, miter gage, motor cover, 4" dust connector and instruction manual.