Rob,

>>> For a 60 amp subanel, the electrician could actually have run #6 THHN/THWN.

I’m the guy who chose the #4, and the 60-amp breaker. The #4 for future upgrades from the sub panel, (it’s closer to the middle of the house) but 60-amps for what I figure my needs will be. Including the shop, I should be able to service the two bedrooms and bath upstairs as well.

If I need to add an 80-amp breaker in the main panel, I will. That’s also why I want to pull a #6 green (EGC) to the sub panel. I agree with you that pulling and additional green is redundant, and in my opinion the 1” EMT will likely never come loose… but, for the very same reason I will be pulling #12 greens from each machine location to the sub panel Grounding buss.

Al,

>>> Just a thought, your running one circuit for lights I see, kinda depends on how many lights you have, but you might want to think of running at least two circuits.

Thanks for the suggestion.

In a 24’ x 35’ “garage”, I now have (6) 64-watt overheads, and will have (8). On the same 15-amp circuit, I will run (5) outside lights (60-watts each).

That’s 812-watts total, roughly half of the 1650-watts a 15-amp circuit will supply. For a lighting circuit, this should be more than sufficient… with room to spare.

The overheads are switched into two zones, and each is plugged into their respective overhead receptacle. If I ever need to service the lighting circuit (cut the breaker) I can plug lights in to a different outlet as needed. (I have (9) 20-amp receptacles on (2) circuits.)

The garage and house is a shell at this point, and I have to wire the entire thing. I’m sure there will be changes along the way.

Paul