Well sort of. I have a home made drum sander. It uses two rollers on either side of the drum to feed the stock through. First question, which way does the drum spin on a factory built drum sander? This one is Spinning with the direction of the wood. I reversed it last night and all I acomplised was I had to help the boards through since the drive rollers didn't get enough traction to feed the stock aginst the drum

I think I can cure that buy taking the rollers off, cutting a bycycle inner tube and rolling it over them.

The reason I ask is on small pieces if you don't have the table set tight enough it will launch it across the shop Large pices like I was doing last night, 30X54 it snot so much an issue

The other issue is DC. It had this huge hood which was useless. I made a smaller one which just fits over the drum. It still doesn't get it all. But when I reveresed it it did a better job. Very little dust came out on the panels.

Xtra Drums
This thing was made from a kit I think. It would be easy to take the drums off since the bolts holding the pillow block bearing caps on face up through.
I was thinking of stacking MDF disks up to make two more drums. That way I have drums with 80, 120 and 180 grits on them. I figured on making them complete with bearings and pullies on them. That way just pop off the belt, remove 4 nuts and swap out the drum. Instead of rmoving paper and rewrapping them. since it uses adheasive backed paper.

The only issue I can think of is how close the tolerances are on the pillow block bearings, from the center of the shaft to the base. I would think that as long as they are say with .010 to .025 it shouldn't be too much of an issue