Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finished Walnut chest of drawers.

What a wonderful chest od drawers. The walnut that you selected for this project really has eye appeal. Well done!!

Rick, I really like this, the wood is great and I love that style of furniture.
    Nice Job all around!

Howie

From tree to beautiful furniture.... WOW. Really something to be proud of. Super craftsmanship.
    Aspire to inspire before you expire.

SMC is user supported. Please consider donating. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

I really like the grain of that walnut. Exellent craftmanship, that dresser will be cherished for generations.

Outstanding, Rick!!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Finished Walnut Chest Of Drawers

Looks super fine to me, and the wood is outstanding. Like all your work I`ve seen and this might be at the top of the list. BARRY BRUNER

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Beck
    Rick,

All I can say is, "wow!" That's some beautiful work. The nightstands are awesome too. Can't wait to see the desk. That's going to be one gorgeous bedroom set. How long did it take you to finish the dresser?

Keith
    I don't know how long this took in hours but approximately 2 months of weekends.

Thanks,
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by lou sansone
    fantastic work... the walunt is really outstanding. love the piece. did you use plans or photos of existing pieces ? I like the graduation of the drawers. How did you work that out?
    lou
    I had no plans but like anything I get ideas from alot of other pieces I see. The graduated drawers were worked out after I came up with the overall dimensions then used x as 1" and started with the smallest drawer and graduated 1" from there. Then adjusted the starting drawer size till I was really close to the dimensions I wanted.

Thanks,
    rick

Rick,

WOW!!!!! Beautiful work and beautiful wood!!!! Must be really nice to take the project all the way from tree to furniture.

t
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Uh, ohhhh... Showed those pics to the wifey. Like I said, "uh oh". I've got an idea what I will be working on for much much longer than you did! That is, if you don't mind idea theft too much. And I've got standards to work toward. Great job.

David

Quote Originally Posted by David Rose
    : I've got standards to work toward.

David
    Ha!!! Since when???

t
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jeeze, t! Don't you have something to do besides follow me around? You'll make me paranoid to post! Well, I guess it ain't paranoid if someone really is out to get ya!

It didn't work anyway. I thought blowing up the prints and showing LOML would help me get a Leigh D4. It didn't work. I think seeing two beds at the "t house" has messed up her mind. She is really stuck on the idea of a bed. Shoot! What's wrong with a solid wood frame that is 30 years old? Well, it is some sort of stained softwood, but it is wood. Maybe it is the "needing a ladder" to get up there that bothers her. Who knows?

Her only comment was, "that looks nice". Oh, well... I am impressed.

David

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Hatfield
    Ha!!! Since when???

t

Wow!!!

Rick: that piece plus the nightstands are simply OUTSTANDING!!! you've exploited the natural beauty of walnut and created beautiful results...I'm working on a walnut chest right now. I'd be very curious as to your finishing schedule. You have a nice tone and look in these pieces....THANKS!!!
    Jerry

Rick,

You have created a beautiful heirloom for your family! Fantastic job. You should be proud.
    Martin, Granbury, TX
    Student of the Shaker style

I love this!

I was just thinking I'd ask how you attached the mouldings, and bingo! There it is - dovetail keys. Isn't that the bomb? I love that technique.

Great job. Looks beautiful!